Nano Cube Cracking?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ethos

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm thinking about investing in a 12G Nano Cube delux. A long time ago I remeber reading on this forum from StealHar or someone that they had a 24G nano cube that started cracking. If I invested in a Nano cube I would get very upset if it started cracking! Does anyone know anything about the situation? Any help would be very much appriciated!! :good:

Ok, so say I got the Nano cube 12G, put Live sand and 16lbs of live rock in, filled it with however many gallons of premixed SW it need, then waited. How long would it usually take for it to cycle and such, or before I could put a small Ocellaris Clownfish in?

Ok, so say I got the Nano cube 12G, put Live sand and 16lbs of live rock in, filled it with however many gallons of premixed SW it need, then waited. How long would it usually take for it to cycle and such, or before I could put a small Ocellaris Clownfish in?

Depends how long the LR is out of the water from when you buy it at your LFS to when you get it in your tank. If its 30 mins or less the cycle should take you less than a week :). Then you add cleanup crew for about a week, and then yuor clownfish. So about 2 weeks on average.

The 2006 24G models are made with thicker glass and have less cracking issues. The 12's had much less of a problem. If you can afford the 24G, I recommend it over a 12 since it has more volume and more room to add livestock and corals, making it a much more enjoyable experience.

Although starting small tanks tanks like picos, in itself, is a challenge and separate 'specialty' within nano-reefing, if you will, it is still much more fun to have the room to aquascape...to have volume to add species of fish that you want....and to have room to add a variety of corals to make an interesting reef. Let's not forget that even at nano size, more volume gives you more room to absorb errors. Good luck. SH

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back