Nano Adventures Part 2 ( Or How I Let My Tank Go And Started Again.)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
And don't think anyone could say your led's aren't penetrating the water, I think it's the future for reef lighting. Low heat, shimmer effects and efficiency too boot, a few more years development and it may become more affordable also.

I paid full price for a pair and got my 2nd pair as 2 singles of ebay.

Think of how many bulb replacements you should do in 5 years and see how unaffordable they aren't.

So while the photos take a while to progress i'll run you through the rest of the kit.

So we have a juwel lido 120 litre tank in dark wood effect.
Stock lighting removed and replaced with 3 x marine white and 1 x marine blue aquarays.
Internal filterbox removed before filling.
Heater is a fluval e200 with led temperature readout.
A koralia 1 and koralia 2 supplying the flow. (3800 litres per hour approx.)
Av120 nano skimmer.

Approximately 20kg of live rock. No sand bare glass bottom.
a pyjama wrasse and yellow tail blue damsel transferred from the tank from hell.

On a trip to a great not so local fish store last friday i came home with a skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 true turbo snails, A rock with metallic gsp (£30) as seen above and another small rock which contained 3 striped mushrooms and a piece of what i believe to be finger coral and 2 bright blue sponges.(£5 lol)

44dcbc27.jpg
Latest full tank shot. All lights blazing.

What you can't see in the pic is the shimmer that the lights cause on the rocks.

It's looking really, really good Adam

What's next? :D

and the pics XD

so did you get money back on the light

your tank is looking good. i heard that one of them is the same as a 24W t5 with reflector. why didnt you get the hd 1500 ones? was it price? i am thinking of getting 2 500s for the shimmer.

The main reason I didn't get the hd1000 is because I already owned the 4 aquarays.

The tiles do look great but on advice from tmc I decided against them. For optimal use they need 4 inches of water clearance. I can't do that in my closed top.

I would probably need 2 side by side too.

If I see some on eBay one day I might have a go.

I don't know of they are better or not.

What I do like are the positives the aquarays offer me.

5 year instant replacement guarantee
Run pretty cool
Shimmer effect
No expensive bulbs every 6 months.

Harry, you should also take a peek at THESE, they appear to be very good VFM but you'll have to do a little digging for some real world reviews.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back