N.leleupi w/ L.multifasciatus?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Xxzsdrklakdfj

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 45 w/ a pair of J.ornatus & soon to be a colony of L.multifasciatus. I was considering on adding a pair of N.leleupi. Would this combination work? I know the N.leleupi have a good size mouth for their size, would the multis be able to defend their fry against them? Also i'd rather use the 45 but if there is absolutely no way the above would work, i have a 55gal. i could use, so would it work in there?

Thanks
-"letters"

45 gallon hi?long? will you be breeding all these fish in the same tank?if so then i'd use the 55g,you'll need all the room you can get imo.
i think the multis can take care of themselves,they should work well w/the leleupi,ime w/julies and leleupi i found they don't like similar shaped species anywhere near them unless there is plenty of rocks/caves.

well if i get them i'll put them in the 55. I'll be replacing that with at least a 75 hopefully more than that soon. And yes i'm going to be trying to breed all these fish.

Also does any body have an opinion about this.
In the current set up i have now which would be better temprament wise when breeding.......
J.ornatus or J.transcriptus
now before ppl start to jump down my throat these are definatly not going together in a 55. :D

Thanks,
-"letters"

J. transcriptus are definately less aggressive!!

As for housing N. leleupi, J ornatus and the multies....I would not even in a 55. Leleupi can get very aggressive especially during breeding and they have a tendancy to try and run the tank. The males can also be very nasty towards females and the females would have no where to go except into the J. ornatus territory. Not very friendly digs there.

Then you have the multies!! Multies can hold their own, but with all the comotion going on between the leleupi and ornatus they probably would not feel at ease. You may not see them very much

Then again, these fish could totally prove me wrong and get along just fine, but I would bet against it!!

This combination may be workable once you get the 75 gallon.

HTH

CM

yeah forget what i said :D CM knows what he's talking about :p

i gotta make a correction :blush: i had J.marlieri not transcriptus ooops

I'M A LIARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! :lol:

ok somebody i know said they really wanted some ornatus and they said they would give me like 6 or so juvi transcriptus, and i didn't know wheter it would work or not. His wild pair.(i may be mistaking and they could be F1,not too positive but pretty sure they were wild). As for the leleupi i'll hold off on them, i saw some at the store and wasn't too sure if they would work or not, but i'd rather leave them out and have eveyone else harmonious and breed then them to be in their, cause stress and nobody breed. So what do you think about the trade? When i set my tang tank up i wanted either transcriptus or ornatus equally so i'd be content with either one. Too bad julies can't live too peacefully together or i'd keep them both. Oh well looks like i got an excuse to try and get another tank! :p :D :p

-"letters"
BTW:
thanks for the help so far

Several things depend on whether or not this is a good trade.......

How mant ornatus are you giving and how many transcriptus are you getting?

What size are the ornatus you have?

What varient transcriptus are they?

IMO if your happy with the trade and the other person is happy with the trade then IT'S A GOOD TRADE!!!!

cm

well i have 2 ornatus both slightly over an inch. i'll prob get at least 6 half in.juvies. i'm going to be breeding the multies and julies in the same tank. so if i got 6 i would most definately get a pair. i was just wondering in the situation of the julies and multi's breeding which situation would be better for the multi's,ornatus or transcriptus? I know someone that was really looking for some ornatus that lives like 15-30min from me, and to me the multi's are going to be the main part focus of the tank because that's what i was set out to get. Don't get me wrong i'm diggin the ornatus. but it was between ornatus and trans. i choose them because out of what the lfs i had a credit for, they looked best. So i don't mind trading at all to somebody i know is gonna take care of them it's just is which of the ornatus or transcriptus would give the multi's less of a hard time whether it's the julie's defending their fry or trying to eat the multi's fry?

thanks
-"letters"

Most reactions

Back