Mystery snail and African Dwarf Frogs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Potterm97

Reaction score
Recently I got a Mystery snail for my 10 gallon tank and i'm wanting to add something a little more lively with it. I'm looking into African Dwarf frogs but i'm worried they might think that his antenna or snorkel is food. Does anyone have any experience with keeping these two in the same tank?

Big snails can be kept with frogs but frogs do eat small snails and anything else that fits in their mouth.

If you have fish in the tank then do not get frogs. Frogs should be kept in their own tanks so they have less issues with water quality, disease and medications. Most frogs cannot tolerate aquarium fish medications and can be susceptible to a number of diseases if kept with fish. It's best to keep frogs in their own enclosure/ aquarium.

Depending on what else is in the tank you could look at shrimp. But no shrimp with frogs because frogs love to eat shrimp. :)

Big snails can be kept with frogs but frogs do eat small snails and anything else that fits in their mouth.

If you have fish in the tank then do not get frogs. Frogs should be kept in their own tanks so they have less issues with water quality, disease and medications. Most frogs cannot tolerate aquarium fish medications and can be susceptible to a number of diseases if kept with fish. It's best to keep frogs in their own enclosure/ aquarium.

Depending on what else is in the tank you could look at shrimp. But no shrimp with frogs because frogs love to eat shrimp. :)

Thanks for the reply!
I looked around on some other forums and I don't want to risk the snail being injuried. I've grown very found of the little guy. I think i'm going to add some shrimp to the tank and maybe 2-3 sparking Gouramis OR male guppies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back