Mystery snail acting weird

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Shan98

Reaction score
my snail (believe it is mystery snail) is not being active or suctioning to anything. I woke up this morning and found him floating in the tank, with his body out. He was still moving around. This afternoon he is on the bottom, still with his body out, still looks alive but Iā€™m not sure. The snail doesnā€™t smell rotten or deadā€¦ is it dying? My partner pulled it out and noticed it has a crack in its shellā€¦. We recently had a

Note the particles in the water was shrimp brineā€¦

ECF5E122-3FC5-4350-A983-80529066CAEE.jpeg

Attachments

• 82BA5157-E197-487C-BA4A-B80AC7573B35.jpeg
    82BA5157-E197-487C-BA4A-B80AC7573B35.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 07474E87-113A-4E60-A341-137AA1B65BEA.jpeg
    07474E87-113A-4E60-A341-137AA1B65BEA.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 67
Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week and see if it improves.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Just be careful, take it out as soon as possible if it dies. Snails are notorious ammonia bombs if they die

Just be careful, take it out as soon as possible if it dies. Snails are notorious ammonia bombs if they die
He did pass away, I took him out of the water before hand and put him in his own tank. Now my ph levels in existing tank playing upā€¦.

Too bad to hear that it didnt make it ... I guess thats an early sign that the water in the tank is bad or turning worst. Snails do get out of its shell when something it not right.

Too bad to hear that it didnt make it ... I guess thats an early sign that the water in the tank is bad or turning worst. Snails do get out of its shell when something it not right.
I have been monitoring levels. I treated water with ammo lock for ammonia. Ph levels are ok at the moment. I did to a 50% water change too. Plus been using stability to try get some new good bacteria in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back