Mysterlobster/crayfish (uk)

richie....

New Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hi guys, im richie, 20 from sunderland, england. had fish years and ive just set up a community tank. i bought a lobster as it was attarctive and diffrent, however, i have read there is only one legal type of cray fish allowed in the UK. the guy sold me it as a "blue lobster" (i thought it was odd as it was red) and thats the problem, its red, i have no idea what it is. as i changed the water (well about 75%, was minging of the bog wood) i noticed it grabed a danio dead. im looking for info on this lobster now and i have no idea, heres a pic......

DSC00199.jpg



cheers guys!
 
I believe what you have is a not-so-blue blue Crayfish...I can see the start of some blue on his back and tail. Here's a pic of one with a little more blue coloration than yours:

bluecrayfish.jpg
 
the only crayfish that is legal in the UK is the cherax quad
 
After a little research, I'm fairly certain that Richie's Crayfish is in fact a Cherax quadricarinatus (legal in the UK)...what do you think Davo?
 
After a little research, I'm fairly certain that Richie's Crayfish is in fact a Cherax quadricarinatus (legal in the UK)...what do you think Davo?



ahhh cheers guys, wasnt too sure lol. mebe he's not so blue due to food/diet? my fish are on flakes and bloodworm, see what happens in the future...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top