What's new

Wildbetta

Reaction score
I have finally got the time to get some pics of all my wild bettas and post them here for everyone to see.  I will update as needed. 
  Enjoy!!

Betta Midas (1 WC proven pair)

Betta Simplex(1 female)

Betta Ocellata

OP
Wildbetta

Wildbetta

Reaction score
And the rest of them.  Couldn't post all the pics on one post it seems.  LOL

Betta Albimarginata

Little male holding

Little male albi -- full dress

2 week old fry

Big male holding

Big male -- not full dress

Female albi

Female albi

Female albi dominant colors

Female albi dominant/breeding colors

Betta Macrostoma

Male

Male holding

Female

Betta Pugnax
Male

Female ?

irodri25

Reaction score
im sorry dont mean to be rude or mean but i never knew how kind of ugly wild bettas were i just thought they all came in pretty reds and blues in the wild :/

OP
Wildbetta

Wildbetta

Reaction score
Wow!  Thanks for the nice compliment on my bettas.  

Shelster

Reaction score
You've some pretty good photos there, maybe the last one for fish of the month?

OP
Wildbetta

Wildbetta

Reaction score
I figured I needed to update this thread a bit since there has been some changes in my stocking as of late.

I recently lost my B. Macrostoma pair, my B.Pugnax pair, and my single female B. Ocellata.  

I gained 8 juvie B. Unimaculata and a male B. Simplex as well as bunches of new fry from my B. Albimarginata pairs and my first batch of fry from my B. Midas pair.

My male B. Simplex

Male B. Simplex holding

B. Unimaculata juvies

372xp

Reaction score
That picture of your male b.simplex is amazing! Got to go for fotm with that one, you get my vote.

Maedhros

Reaction score
^^

Seconded!

Sorry to hear you've lost some of your stocking - do you still have the albis?  I really like them 

OP
Wildbetta

Wildbetta

Reaction score
That pic of the B. Simplex I plan on entering into May's FOTM contest since I have already entered one of my cories for this month.  Thanks on the praise for that pic. It is the best pic of him by far that I have.  He is a ham though and likes to pose for the camera. 

Yeah sucks about me losing the stock I lost.  :(   Especially the B. Macrostoma pair since they are by far the most expensive and hardest to aquire.  I do still have both pairs of my albis though and they are my favorite species of wild that I keep.  I have 3 different batches of fry growing out from them.  LOL

solsed

Reaction score
Wow! They're beautiful, Wildbetta! Are the wild strains less agressive than the splendens?

JenJ

Reaction score
Wildbetta said:
That pic of the B. Simplex I plan on entering into May's FOTM contest since I have already entered one of my cories for this month.  Thanks on the praise for that pic. It is the best pic of him by far that I have.  He is a ham though and likes to pose for the camera. 

Yeah sucks about me losing the stock I lost.  
  Especially the B. Macrostoma pair since they are by far the most expensive and hardest to aquire.  I do still have both pairs of my albis though and they are my favorite species of wild that I keep.  I have 3 different batches of fry growing out from them.  LOL
Did you enter? I don't remember seeing it? That first pic is stunning.

OP
Wildbetta

Wildbetta

Reaction score
No I didn't enter it in last month's contest because at the time he was holding fry and couldn't get a good verification pic of him.  Maybe this month I will be able to get him in a verification pic.  :)

Reaction score
Wow beautiful fish, especially the b
Simplex and b. Unimaculata. The b. Pugnax are.winners too, jealous of your fry, seems I can't get anything but livebearera to breed lol

Meeresstille

Reaction score
They have such quiet beauty, these wild bettas, 
   I've never seen one in the stores! I too am curious, how does their temperament compare to the betta splendens?

Search tags for this page

how i upgrad my wild betta to make a beauti ful betta

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days