My White Platy

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Rhonda

Reaction score
I have a white coloured female platy. In her gravid spot i can see pinkish lil circle type thingys ( haha don't you love my terminology) anyhoo she's in a 10g with 2 male swordtails and 3 other female platies. I got her approx 3 weeks ago. She is considerable more plumo than my other females. I'm wondering if she is prego? I hope she is .. i want babies :wub:

I have a floating breeding trap for if and when any of my females have babies, but do you think.. even though her gravid sopt is not dark she may be preg? i've only noticed the lil circely things in there the past few days :unsure:

ive encountered the same problem with my guppy...her gravid spot seems to be somewhat pink with black spots...i heard it could be eggs going under growth so maybe soon she could have babies :dunno:

My blue mickey mouse platy pumps out babies from my swordtails,she never had any problems so far. They're pretty much the same size,they're just a tad longer and skinny shaped. Not as compact as a platy fry. They are more colorful tho. I like variatus babies. :)

i have the same exact problem. my white platy has a yellowish pinkish spot there. the males are going nuts

I had that problem once and as each baby came out there was a considerable amount of red liquid that came with it, probably blood. However the fry were fine and 12 out of the 14 were fully grown and healthy.

Most reactions

Back