My Water Bridge Project Is Completed Plus A Tower

anyway to encrouge flow without an external? think the tank would be ok with out one?

on another note whast that platy with the blue white and red on it i want some!

anyway to encrouge flow without an external? think the tank would be ok with out one?

Not sure what your asking, please reword that statement. Or are you refering to a bridge that has no constant flow of water?

on another note whast that platy with the blue white and red on it i want some!
Good question, but they were likely the ones that were $6CND each.

Yipee, the LFS finally got in another Clown Pleco for my second tank. So I put him in. He seemes to stay out in the open more so than my other pleco. Fater that first day i couldn't find him, but thats normal, he probably decided where he would hide most of the time.

Then a few days past and I could not see him at all, they tank only had so many places to hide. I realised that the tank needed a good cleaning so last night I started to pull everything out. As I am slowly removing the plants and decor, still no sign of him, and I am running out of things to remove that he could be hiding in. Finally last decor item came out....HE'S NOT IN THE TANK.

ok now I am worried. So I start to seriously scan the other tank. Found my Pleco thats normally there, ok, keep looking...Bingo there's the second. The little bugger crossed the bridge on that first or second day. It suprised me cause the first pleco never went near the bridge or that high in the tank.

Now they are both in the big tank...heh and the new on is always out in the open jumping on the algae discs, although he does hide under the massive root decor item I have now. But he is like a cat. He thinks he's hidden but he's not...lol

Nice thing about having two bridged tanks, is when I had to do the major cleaning (it was in worse shape in that tank than I realised due to lack of proper water movement), I just enouraged the fish to cross the bridge or netted them and stuck them in the other tank. Failed the bridge, yanked it out for cleaning and tackled the smaller tank. But the fish are still happy in the same water in the other tank, so almost no stress.

I have re-arranged my filters (now I have 3). One large 20-40 gallon in each tank, the small 5 - 15 gallon is now the one that causes water to move in the bridge. I have to say now that the bridged tanks are nearing that 2 month running time with fish, alot of the fish do oyu the bridge to move back and forth, and the babies, there is almost always one in the bridge cause I have so many of them.

Some of the fish have been folling around with another partner as I am getting some intersting colors.

basicly what i was wondering was is there any way to make the water flow ove the bridge without the external filter
i was thinking along the lines of a peice of pipe and an air pump

its just me trying to be cheap again
ill just keep looking on ebay for a cheap external but i can never seem to find any below 50 pounds.

basicly what i was wondering was is there any way to make the water flow ove the bridge without the external filter
i was thinking along the lines of a peice of pipe and an air pump

its just me trying to be cheap again
ill just keep looking on ebay for a cheap external but i can never seem to find any below 50 pounds.

If you try to force flow through, then the water will also back feed at the same time. So if you do it right you could get water maybe moving on the top part and back feed on the bottom of the tube, but its hard to say. The only way I can see that happening is using a submersible pond pump and force water in. But it may not be as nice of an effect as one way flow.

You should be able to get a 20 - 30 gallon filter off of ebay for under $30USD. I did.

unfortunatly i live in the uk so its expensive to ship or expemsive to buy ill make sure i chek it out tho

I am curious to where you got the clear PVC pipe. I am very interested in giving it a whirl but i have no idea where to find the clear pvc pipe.

I am curious to where you got the clear PVC pipe. I am very interested in giving it a whirl but i have no idea where to find the clear pvc pipe.

I acquired my tubing at a very reasonable price from this US seller via ebay. For purpose of shipping I had them cut all lengths in half as they sell in 7 foot lengths.

Clear Acrylic Tubing via Ebay

If you looking at the clear hollow tubing, make sure you get a tube with an OD (outside diameter) the same as you can locally buy a PVC elbow that has the same ID (inside diameter) so they will fit. Elbos range from $2 - $4 and are generally white or black at that size. A clear acrylic elbow at that size would cost more than the tubing!!

Dorkhedeos, the tower is not suppose to lead any where. Its just there for them to explore up into space...dun dun da

----------------

Now that the bridge and tanks have been established and had fish for several months now, I have tonnes of baby palaty at various stages of growth and size. I can almost always find 1 - 4 fish in the bridge, mainly the smaller ones.

The clown plecos do not use it. The tetra's except for one neon do not use it. Only the Platy.

I have found that depending on where the decore is in the tank, if there are items closer to the entrance of the bridge, they tend to use it a tiny bit more then when their is nothing near the entrances to the bridge at the top of the tank.

My fish have been doing well. My Platies increased in number from 15 to maybe 40 or more. I have given 30+ back ot the pet store ansd the numbers are increasing again, so the tanks are doing well. Have to do a proper cleaning now every week until I can give some more platies away.

Neons and Plecos never use the bridge.

I found 5 Platy all in the bridge at the same time tonight.

:huh: I don't get it myself, but if you like it then :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back