My trip to Salt Creek - tide pools!

NearMeBettas

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I know so many states are landlocked but it still is crazy to me that people don’t see the ocean. I lived by it in NZ and I live by it here. I can’t imagine any different. I think I’d feel trapped if I didn’t
I am up by the Canadian border. :( I went when I was 6 but it would be more fun to go now that I am older. I could enjoy it more. A family friend owns a house on an island in the Flordia Keys he said we could visit. I would LOVE to... My mom cant travel though due to health issues and we don't have a camper. Hotel smells can give her a severe reaction (room fresheners etc).

OP
OP
JuiceBox52

JuiceBox52

The weirdest one
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I am up by the Canadian border. :( I went when I was 6 but it would be more fun to go now that I am older. I could enjoy it more. A family friend owns a house on an island in the Flordia Keys he said we could visit. I would LOVE to... My mom cant travel though due to health issues and we don't have a camper. Hotel smells can give her a severe reaction (room fresheners etc).
I get it! I can’t really travel either, this couple hour road trip was my max, and I’ve been stuck in bed since then.
And the hotel smells I get it!! My MCAS and migraines don’t do well

GaryE

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I grew up inland in Canada, but there was a strong family connection to the sea. They'd moved to work, but grudgingly. My wife grew up beside the Atlantic, and we travelled here 2 or 3 times a year for 30 years. When retirement came and we calculated the cost of living in the city, it seemed sensible to move to less expensive housing in a differently beautiful place, and the Fundy coast was perfect. Almost every morning I sit down with my morning coffee and watch the sun rise over the bay.

My natural habitat is cement and crowding, and I loved life in the centre of a large city. I wasn't sure how country-ish living would go. Would I be bored? I do miss the anarchy and spontaneity of what happens in a city. At this point though, I am not bored. That ocean just does its ocean things, and I'm like a gnat watching a blue whale. It's such an incredible 'place', the ocean. It has the unpredictability of a vibrant city neighbourhood many times over.

At this time of year when the leaves are gone, I can stand in the garage/fishroom and see a band of ocean a short stroll away. It's blue some days, grey or even brown some others, and it's always dynamic. I'm not bored with it, and I doubt I'll ever be. I don't get tidal pools, but after I go Corydoras shopping this week., I'll have seaside Cory pools out in that room. I already have killie 'pools', and tetra 'pools'.

It's funny. I love to travel, but I have zero desire to go anywhere inland. I never have. Every time I day dream about going somewhere, there's a sea nearby.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online