My Tank :) Advice/comments Welcome!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

DeanoL83

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, I've had my tank up and running for about 2 months now.  It's my first actual tank (had a small fish bowl growing up - looking back I realise how bad that was!).

To start with, I had a few fish and was even brave enough to buy some live plants.  This is how I started out:

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

After stumbling across the members pics thread in here I realised my effort wasn't as good as I thought, so rearranged a bit and bought a few more plants.  Not to mention a few more fish.  Then I realised I should get a second filter to help with the extra fish.  Then I read about floating plants so bought some frogbit. I put black cardboard on the back which I think made a huge difference too.  This is how it looked then.

DSC_0266.JPG
Sorry about the reflection, but that's the only pic I have on my laptop of that stage....

Just today, I had some plants arrive in the mail that I had ordered a few days ago.  They weren't as big as I was expecting them to be, so what I planned doesn't quite look as good as I'd like it, but hopefully they'll all grow pretty quickly.  I also found a few fry when moving things around, so have them in the breeder.  Takes away a bit from the FTS, but oh well.  I'm excited about my first fry :)

Here it is today:

DSC_0335.JPG
DSC_0336.JPG
DSC_0337.JPG
DSC_0338.JPG
DSC_0339.JPG
DSC_0340.JPG
DSC_0341.JPG
DSC_0342.JPG
DSC_0343.JPG

Keen for any feedback/advice from the more experienced aquascapers out there.  I don't really have a theme lol, have just put bits of everything to try and figure out what will work in my tank and what won't.  

Another rookie mistake was the white gravel! Argh! All the poop shows up so much!! lol

what is that mossy looking plant on the driftwood called? I may want some of that.

Very nice. I like it a lot!

Fishmanic said:
what is that mossy looking plant on the driftwood called? I may want some of that.

It's java moss.  I only just got it a few days ago, and have used some black string to tie it onto the driftwood.  Apparently, it should only take about 3-4 weeks to attach itself to the wood. I hope it works out well, my first time doing all of this :)

Thankyou to everyone for the comments, I really appreciate them :)  Hopefully the pinky plants at the back and the corkscrew val will grow bigger and make some nice background plants.....that's the plan at least lol.

That'll look fantastic when it's all grown in!

Most reactions

Back