My Stocking

Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
514
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
England, Northamptonshire
I have a 120L tank (26UKg/ 31USg)

I have:
2 krib male and female
1 firemouth (took it from a friend because she was moving house) hes about 1.5"
6 neon rainbows
1Bristlenose

Is this over stocked?

Can I add a couple more fish like tetras or barbs?
or corys actually!
 
stockings fine, not sure how compatable the FM will be when mature but as far as the rest go, shoal of tetra/barb etc will be fine :)
 
Flipping hell if you are overstocked I hate to think what situation Im in!! I think you could add loads more.
 
Thougt as much! Its been up and running for years, with a fluval 2+ internal filter, and the water is always 100% crystal clear! I also haven't had a death in the family for ages....So what should I do? As long as I keep on top of the maintenence will I be ok?!
 
If your water and stuff it ok and they are all happy i wouldn't worry about it
What a GSP's like to keep? Do you recomend them for my 120L if i get rid of my other fish or is it not worht it?

Megan
 
GSP? Tell me what that stands for and ill answer.

Far as over stocking is concerned, im the master.
 
Well for a start they are brackish so you would have to add salt, but dont be put off by that, its mega simple! If I could only have one fish in the world I would have puffers, they greet you at the glass when you come into the room, feed from my hand, have the best little 'puppy' faces and are just sooo cute! They are quite hard work though cuz they need perfect water and create so much waste its untrue. So I have 2 internal filters working their balls off, and have to do a weekly 20% water change. The salt is literally a case of adding 5 teaspoons everytime I do a water change, which makes the SG around 0.015 (according to my not-so-accurate hydrometer!) But Id defo go for it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top