My Scorpion Collection

Dominus_XVIII

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
It's been 7 years since I've kept my last pair of emperor scorpions, so I thought I might as well grab some new scorps while I'm keeping Ts. I'll be getting my Malaysian forest scorpion (Heterometrus. spinifer) on Tuesday and a rusty thick tail (Babycurus. jacksoni) next month. From what I know MFS/AFS are very similar to emperors, but they're slightly more aggressive. What I have to be cautious about is the thick tail. One hit by that sucker and I'm going to be in a hell of ride for atleast 2 days. I'll keep you guys updated, until Tuesday.

Nice! Iv kept emperors before. Fasinating creatures.
Iv also had a female Goliath bird eater, she was massive!
A king baboon T
A chillian rose
And mexican fire leg.

Unfortumately no more.

Jus have my fish and my snake now. Would be interested in seeing some pics of your Ts and scorpion when you get them.
What Tarantulas do you have?

SLIM said:
Nice! Iv kept emperors before. Fasinating creatures.
Iv also had a female Goliath bird eater, she was massive!
A king baboon T
A chillian rose
And mexican fire leg.
Unfortumately no more.
Jus have my fish and my snake now. Would be interested in seeing some pics of your Ts and scorpion when you get them.
What Tarantulas do you have?
The pics of my Ts are actually posted up in my separate Tarantula thread. I currently have a few slings, 4 terrestrials and 1 arboreal. Which include: a 1.25" Costa Rican tiger rump, 1" Chaco gold knee, 1/2" Brazilian giant blonde x 2 and a 1" Antilles pinktoe/Versicolor. I'll be receiving my second arboreal on Tuesday; a 1/2" common pinktoe (Avicularia.avicularia), can't get enough of blue tarantulas lol.

One of my local pet shops sells rainforest scorpions ( I think some type of native one) and I am often tempted to get a couple. I keep telling the shop they need to set up a dark room and have some black lights on the scorpions to make them glow, then they would see the scorpions getting sold in a big way.

Baccus said:
One of my local pet shops sells rainforest scorpions ( I think some type of native one) and I am often tempted to get a couple. I keep telling the shop they need to set up a dark room and have some black lights on the scorpions to make them glow, then they would see the scorpions getting sold in a big way.
Yeah definitely, one of my LPS actually has a section of the store like that for fish, reptiles and arachnids. I'm always blown away, by the stunning blue/green colouration scorps turn under blacklight.

next time we have a full moon with no heavy cloud on a warm night I think I might have to go scorpion hunting, I have heard that some of our native ones will glow under moonlight. Don't know how true it is, but worth checking out. I know locally I can find a small species of scorpion called a Marbled scorpion
Quite cute little things and nicely marked, just glad I never did get nailed by one when I used to catch them at work hiding in the wood pile.
image001.jpg

Little Marbled Scorpion
Photographer: Dr Ken Walker / Source: Museum Victoria

I suspect the OH would kill me if I got some of these.

My mother would also never visit.

Hmmm, decisions decisions.

DrRob said:

Lmao XD

I would have thought the real decision is do I dedicate a tank to a scorpion or to more fish
wink.png

laugh.png

Just a heads up for anyone interested in getting a few Ts, scorps, trapdoor spiders, centipedes or whip tail scorpions. Tarantula Canada just got in a lot of new stock and re-stocked on some old favorites. Tarantula Canada ships Internationally across the world, but please check your country's import/export regulations and laws, before placing an order.

Here's some deals on the main page, which include 5 scorpions for $40, 5 T slings for $25 or 5 slings special mix for $50.

http://tarantulacanada.ca/news.php

Here's a link to their entire stock list, if it's posted on the list it's in stock.

http://tarantulacanada.ca/price.php

Alright guys, got a small update. Due to the still going on winter weather here, CanadaPost has been delaying deliveries. So I'll actually have my new baby Malaysian forest scorpion shipped to me next Tuesday. I'll keep you guys updated.

Did you get that scorpion? I had Emperors and I didn't realize there were different species available in the hobby! Reading these exotic threads is really getting my need to get some cool new pets!

stanleo said:
Did you get that scorpion? I had Emperors and I didn't realize there were different species available in the hobby! Reading these exotic threads is really getting my need to get some cool new pets!
I did get it, but it was DOA. I informed the supplier and they gave me a store credit for the scorpling. Right now they're out of stock of Asian forest scorpions, so I'll wait until they come back in stock. They do have red/rust bark scorpions, but I'm more interested in getting a Israeli gold scorpion.

Baccus said:
next time we have a full moon with no heavy cloud on a warm night I think I might have to go scorpion hunting, I have heard that some of our native ones will glow under moonlight. Don't know how true it is, but worth checking out. I know locally I can find a small species of scorpion called a Marbled scorpion
Quite cute little things and nicely marked, just glad I never did get nailed by one when I used to catch them at work hiding in the wood pile.
image001.jpg

Little Marbled Scorpion
Photographer: Dr Ken Walker / Source: Museum Victoria
That's a Lychas sp. I presume

DrRob said:

Had the same dilemma with my mom before. She said, 'you could keep your rear-fanged snakes and scorpions but not tarantulas. Otherwise, the door is wide open or get your own place.'

And so i did, problem solved LoL

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back