My River Reef 94 Phoenix Tank Take 2

Bought some new corals today Im sure once theyve settled tomorrow with the light and current etc I'll see the best of them

Last time I did this my fungia was one of my favourites and I got one at a price im happy with today
009-57.jpg

006-66.jpg

020-28.jpg

its feeding in the last shot

I also got a rock with yellow polyps on which I liked last time round as well
017-34.jpg

004-74.jpg

Also got very cheaply a ver ysmall torch coral
013-44.jpg

015-42.jpg

and a small double headed hammer
014-42.jpg

my yellow goby has also found a new home
003-75.jpg

ill do that tonight once id moved it all around the corals had all closed up :crazy:

Just be careful, Simon. You are moving pretty fast. But you've had a tank before, so I won't comment on that again. I like yellow polyps. Sometimes they have a tendency to melt though. Dunno why, even when parameters are good.

Looking forward to the fts

L

Right taken a full tank shot and also my trespassing crab that I have not been able to picture came out

048-10.jpg

047-8.jpg

046-10.jpg

023-21.jpg

024-20.jpg

025-21.jpg

027-19.jpg

Just used my new test kits tonight, its due a water change and have water ready and hasnt been changed for 2 weeks. Bit of excitement there was £40 in the phosphate test kit!!!

Magnesium 1380ppm
Phosphate 0.1 ppm
Carb hardness 6.4 kh in dkh
Alkalinity 2.28 alk
Calcium 450
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 25
Ammonia <0.25
PH 8.0

The kits are all salifert

Yeah, you need to change the water, Mr. Simon! :big_boss:

My biocube is almost cycled. Wooooooo!

L

Yeah, you need to change the water, Mr. Simon! :big_boss:

My biocube is almost cycled. Wooooooo!

L
because of the nitrate? thats getting done tomorrow night :good:

Yeah it's a wee bit high. Do you have a refugium?

i;ll do what i did last time and get a bulb and cheato it rid me of nitrate last time, just need to pull my finger out :)

. I like yellow polyps. Sometimes they have a tendency to melt though. Dunno why, even when parameters are good.

L

looking at my old pics Lissette the yellow polyps are fading away!! such a pain as they look lovely in that pic

. I like yellow polyps. Sometimes they have a tendency to melt though. Dunno why, even when parameters are good.

L

looking at my old pics Lissette the yellow polyps are fading away!! such a pain as they look lovely in that pic

Yeah, they do that. :( On the other hand, my 8g now grows pocillipora and montipora. Go figure. :rolleyes: Speaking of those, I must really attach frags at some point today. My corals are a mess. They look good, but they are a mess and are scattered about everywhere. Hahaha! Gotta do that before my pistol shrimp decides that my montipora frag would make a great door to his lair.

So I need to pull my finger out too. :lol:

The River Reef is no more swapped yesterday for a Jewel Vision 180l which is far bigger and nce looking tank

Only problem is the two t5 bulbs on it are rubbish so will need to look into lighting

The River Reef is no more swapped yesterday for a Jewel Vision 180l which is far bigger and nce looking tank

Only problem is the two t5 bulbs on it are rubbish so will need to look into lighting

Look to getting at least 4-6 bulbs if you want to stick with t5 lighting, at least that is what I've heard. I tend to work mostly with Metal Halide and LEDs. Otherwise you may need to look into halide. Softies should be ok for now, but the lps you have in there may not love the lighting change.

Post pictures of the new setup.

L

Most reactions

Back