My pregnant zebra danios was killed.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rohith

Reaction score
I had 6 zebra danios and 2 guppies and 1 sucker fish and two small koi I think so.
Yesterday I spotted one of my zebra fish was pregnant and was swimming at the surface of water afterwards today I tried to find that fish but it was not there and then very soon I spotted a dead fish which turned white in colour and his stomach was open like someone took a bite of him and his fins were gone too .
Whoever did dis did not fully eat the fish they only attacked the stomach area were babies were present.
I think sucker fish did this.
I have another pregnant zebra also I removed it out and placed it in a bowl .
Help me guyz..

Can you post a picture of the fish?

If a fish dies, other fish in the tank will eat it. The stomach is usually attacked first because it is the softest part of the body.

How long has the tank been set up for?
How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?
How often and how do you clean the filter?
Have you tested the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?
if yes, what are the results in numbers?

--------------------------
Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week to dilute anything bad that might be in the water.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

And by “sucker fish” do you mean a common plecostomus?

Common plecostomus, aren’t carnivores, which means a dont think it wasn’t the pleco, that killed your Zebra Danio. I could be on worn the guppy’s, but as @Colin_T said, “If a fish dies, other fish in the tank will eat it. The stomach is usually attacked first because it is the softest part of the body.” which means it could have been any one of the fish in your tank, that killed it. :)

If the guppy was swimming at the top of the tank she may have already been dying. I agree that the others probably nibbled on her after death. I’m sorry for your loss.

Most reactions

Back