My Powerheads

jaylam

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,

Ok after buying 2 powerheads of eBay (yes I know, first mistake) I have come to the conclusion they are rubbish.

Im going to bite the bullet and buy something decent but would like some suggestions/recommendations from you guys as im still very new to this.

I have a 260lt tank with 20kg of LR.

Jay

Hi,

Ok after buying 2 powerheads of eBay (yes I know, first mistake) I have come to the conclusion they are rubbish.

Im going to bite the bullet and buy something decent but would like some suggestions/recommendations from you guys as im still very new to this.

Jay

I am using the korallia pumps and they seem to be doing a good job.

What pumps did you get from ebay and whats wrong with them?

Hi,

Jay

I am using the korallia pumps and they seem to be doing a good job.

What pumps did you get from ebay and whats wrong with them?

ok what sort of l/h should I be looking for?

The ones off eBay, 1 they are noisy and 2 they dont really create much flow I can feel the water if I put my hand say 3" in front of it but thats it when I move my hand to the LR I cant feel anything its not even reaching the LR.

You want around 5200lph minimum, so a koralia 2 and 3 or two koralia 3's

The ones off eBay, 1 they are noisy and 2 they dont really create much flow I can feel the water if I put my hand say 3" in front of it but thats it when I move my hand to the LR I cant feel anything its not even reaching the LR.

The koralias aren't noisy but the flow from them is gentle, it is very dispersed.

You want around 5200lph minimum, so a koralia 2 and 3 or two koralia 3's

The koralias aren't noisy but the flow from them is gentle, it is very dispersed.

Excellent, thanks for the info. Will start looking for stockests now.

you bought sunsuns didnt you, the flow from korallias will feel exactly the same to the hand. its spread over a wide area. but yes, the sunsuns arent good. they are hot and noisey aswel as toally unreliable

you bought sunsuns didnt you, the flow from korallias will feel exactly the same to the hand. its spread over a wide area. but yes, the sunsuns arent good. they are hot and noisey aswel as toally unreliable

yes sunsuns, ah ok if the flow will be the same at least I know its not somthing that I need to replace right now. I can put up with the noise until payday......... but I am a sucker for impulse buy's so if im honest it will prob happen before payday :unsure:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would go with with either 2 x 5200 evolutions or 2 x 4000 evolutions more flow is good certain corals will not like high flow but this can be manged but good postioning of corals or power heads

The evolutions are much smaller than the older powerheads so will take up less space in your DT

I would go with with either 2 x 5200 evolutions or 2 x 4000 evolutions more flow is good certain corals will not like high flow but this can be manged but good postioning of corals or power heads

The evolutions are much smaller than the older powerheads so will take up less space in your DT

No Worries I do remember some mods for the sunsun`s using the rubber feet or something but never used them myself

Most reactions

Back