My Planted 60'x18'x20' And 36'x15'x18'

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Monthly update: 5 foot tank is going absolutley great.

img1623.jpg

i'll add pics of the 3 fot tank shortly.

:)

Very awesome tanks, I love these densely planted tanks.

By the way, the measurements are wrong in the topic title.

can you post pics of your diy co2, just cause i cant belive how well your plants are doin.
ill have to try it myself

Hi,

here's a pic of the requested home co2 setup. Its a 2.5L bottle and I replace the mixture weekly. The airstone is placed near my internal fluval so it sucks about 50% of the bubbles into the filter.

img1624wo.jpg

Oh, the desklamp is my 'evening' light as i haven't found a suitable night light yet.

3 Foot update:

Well i lost my 1st fish (a tetra) in this setup just today from finrot. Quite suprised really as i thought it was going really well and has been set up for approx 6 months now and no other fish losses until now.

This tank has no c02, only a 30watt t8 light and plain gravel. The plants grow very slowly in here, even the swords and anubias are much much slower growing than the 5 foot.
I haven't been able to make the Hydrophila Difformis to grow in this tank either. I suspect the Buenos Airies Tetras and the Kribs munch on it faster than it grows and they end up looking poorly. I have added cabomba from my 5 foot as i have an unlimited amount of it now, and it seems to be doing ok. Overall, the growth in this tank is like almost 10 times slower than in my 5 foot and it is a difficult setup to get to look good. So far i think i've done ok.

img1629a.jpg

:)

Wow! I have never seen a planted tank that looks that good. Good Job!

Beautiful tanks, especially the 5ft :good: By the way the fish you wanted I.D'ing sounds and looks very much like a Columbian Red Fin Tetra. They aren't really purple, but silver body with tinges of purpley/blue depending on your lights and obviously the red fins.

Beautiful tanks, especially the 5ft :good: By the way the fish you wanted I.D'ing sounds and looks very much like a Columbian Red Fin Tetra. They aren't really purple, but silver body with tinges of purpley/blue depending on your lights and obviously the red fins.

ah, thanks for that. Good fish the are, not very common where i am.

Both tanks are a credit too you.

Couple of questions.

Do you does any fertilisers at all?
Any special water treatments at all? And what's your water like round your way? hard or soft as I believe this makes a difference too.

Hi, the tap water is very soft here with a ph of 7.2.

I dose with a generic NPK fertilizer, trace elements (seachem) and also supplement my
Homemade CO2 with some Seachem Excel.

Approx 30% water change weekly. The substrate has Laterite mixed through it as well.

Most reactions

Back