My Planted 125 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hamsnacks

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Don't know how you guys take such good pictures of your tanks lol, either too bright or yellowish in color but tried my best.

It's a 125 Gallon Community filled with mostly tetras, barbs and rainbows, but also includes corys, angels and a few other fish and catfish.
Initially wanted to let the plants go crazy and grow out as much as they wanted but when I started clearing up space in front I realized the fish definitely enjoy the extra room a lot more. I was hoping to clean up the right side but I have a huge colony of shrimp (red, blue, yellow, orange) that live there and breed, don't want to risk exposing them too much and having them killed off, even though its pretty impressive their numbers are growing with a rainbow shark, betta, pitcus, and angels nearby.

Any opinions to improve the tank are also appreciated it.
Don't have that much light on anymore either, reduced the bulbs down to 4 T5HOs.
No longer dosing CO2 and I think I'm finding better results.

l4NkRYH.jpg

4EPHjgS.jpg

TSbGQ4d.jpg

d0DXVsv.jpg

Fb9WteS.jpg

Looks great. Those plants are not hi light need plants and what you give them makes for optimum growth.
I'm not so sure what results you would get with that fine sands and other types of plants. Val will grow in anything..but other bunch plants I feel dont root well in sands. You could pour gravel over the sand in back,or remove that sand,replace with gravel and keep the sand in front. What Amano did.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back