My Parrot Fish Has Laid Hundreds Of Eggs!

stuhyde

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
239
Reaction score
17
Points
18
Location
Dudley, West Midlands
But I dont have another parrot fish in the tank ..

I'm guessing they wont be fertilised ... They dont look totally transparent, but not totally white either ...

I wondered why the parrots poop shoot was bigger/longer (if that is what it was)

She was digging a hole the back of a rock, and has been for the last few days, no we know why...

ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED!

Thanks.........

:unsure:
 
But I dont have another parrot fish in the tank ..

I'm guessing they wont be fertilised ... They dont look totally transparent, but not totally white either ...

I wondered why the parrots poop shoot was bigger/longer (if that is what it was)

She was digging a hole the back of a rock, and has been for the last few days, no we know why...

ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED!

Thanks.........

:unsure:


do you have any other cichlids in there that could have possibly hybridized with the parrot?

Adam
 
But I dont have another parrot fish in the tank ..

I'm guessing they wont be fertilised ... They dont look totally transparent, but not totally white either ...

I wondered why the parrots poop shoot was bigger/longer (if that is what it was)

She was digging a hole the back of a rock, and has been for the last few days, no we know why...

ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED!

Thanks.........

:unsure:


do you have any other cichlids in there that could have possibly hybridized with the parrot?



Adam


Hi we have an Oscar fish, which was swimming round the back of the rock earlier?

Just noticed, there are about 5 of the 300 eggs that are solid white, the rest are kinda see through
 
But I dont have another parrot fish in the tank ..

I'm guessing they wont be fertilised ... They dont look totally transparent, but not totally white either ...

I wondered why the parrots poop shoot was bigger/longer (if that is what it was)

She was digging a hole the back of a rock, and has been for the last few days, no we know why...

ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED!

Thanks.........

:unsure:


do you have any other cichlids in there that could have possibly hybridized with the parrot?

Hi we have an Oscar fish, which was swimming round the back of the rock earlier?

Just noticed, there are about 5 of the 300 eggs that are solid white, the rest are kinda see through



Adam

im not really into the new world cichlids/hybrid side of things so its best to post in the new world section and see if you can get some help there, and/or search the problem online, like "white parrotfish eggs" may or may not bring up anything.

good luck
 
Is this 100%?

She seems VERY protective of them, and there are only about 4 or 5 out of the hundreds that are pure white...
 
Is this 100%?

She seems VERY protective of them, and there are only about 4 or 5 out of the hundreds that are pure white...
yeah they will be very protective, as they cary cichlid traits and they are very good at parenting once they get the hand. its a shame theyll never hatch though

most hybrids are infertile.
 
Female parrots are fertile i'm pretty sure, it's the males that are almost always infertile. I get eggs from mine every few weeks, and once they're laid tank maintenance ends with bitten hands hehe. They will usually go mouldy after a few days and then get eaten.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top