My new tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kelp23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Setting up my new tank today to accommodate my baby platies. Still need to add more plants and rocks but this is it so far . Suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_174924.jpg
    IMG_20200807_174924.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_20200807_174940.jpg
    IMG_20200807_174940.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 159
The tank is 2nd hand and had only been emptied this morning. I've reused the filter and added my own filter media. The drift wood came with the tank and the rocks and plants have come from my tank. I've added a filter booster and dechlorinated the water. How long should I wait before adding my fish and should I add a few at a time as opposed to all in one go?

if media is from an established tank, and the decor is too, I'd think its fine to add a couple over the next few days. Add a couple at a time :) monitor water parameters and go from that

if media is from an established tank, and the decor is too, I'd think its fine to add a couple over the next few days. Add a couple at a time :) monitor water parameters and go from that
Thanks. I'll test all parameters over the weekend and if all looking good I'll transfer a couple over on Monday. I've now got a heater which I didn't have in my old tank. I've been to a (decent) LFS today and they seem to think the fish I have now would be happy for the temp to go up to 24-28c. I'm not sure I believe them

Platies do good in a range 70-78F or 22-26C
Yeah agree the platies would be good but I've got a Hillstream Loach and I thought they liked colder water. If they do I'll keep them in my original tank and get some Cory's for my new one. Could you please remind me of the site I should use to check fish species. I've seen it mentioned a few times but can't remember what is called. Thanks.

Setting up my new tank today to accommodate my baby platies. Still need to add more plants and rocks but this is it so far . Suggestions welcome.
At first glance i thought that stone in front of the wood was an Egg;) good looking tank!

I think your platy fry will like that, I have noticed that my platy fry like to hide in floating plants in their tank.
I've got some that are still in their current tank but I'll transfer them across with the fry.

This is my platy fry tank-nothing fancy but it looks like most if not all the fry will make it to adulthood. I was not planning on having platy fry but they are cute. They are about 1/2 inch long now.

Attachments

• GEDC1480.JPG
    GEDC1480.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 136
  • GEDC1485.JPG
    GEDC1485.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 97
  • GEDC1488.JPG
    GEDC1488.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 94
So it ended up going very wrong today. My tank is great. Temp and parameters are perfect so I went to my LFS ( a good one) and ended up buying this? Probably totally innapropriate but I love him. Called him Simon Lo-bon.
Good start! Your doggy looks cute too!
Thankyou. My doggy is an idiot.. an old lady with no manners

My picture didn't upload

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_210327.jpg
    IMG_20200808_210327.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 67

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back