My New Red Tail Boas!

Saedcantas

Fishaholic
Reaction score
After some umming and ahhing by the guy who was selling them I finally managed to bring home these babies, dreams do come true ! :drool:

They're both around 2 years old, first the Female Suriname :hyper:
suriname.jpg

suriname1.jpg

suriname2.jpg

suriname3.jpg

And the Male Guyanan, you wont believe how PURPLE he really is :D
guyana.jpg

guyanan3.jpg

guyanan1.jpg

guyanan2.jpg

:wub:
Lotte***

Absolutely stunning m8 , makes me wanna get back into the whole snake scene :) think the misses may have something 2 say there tho lol :)

anyways gorgeous !!!!!!!

jen

Awesome, I've never seen them with such bright colours before :good:
How much did they set you back? lol

It was £450 for the pair and the 4'x2'x1.5' viv (which needed a higher wattage ceramic £18 ish and a suitable thermostat £56 ish) so all in all reasonable really :)
These snakes at around this size can go for between £200-£250 each so it was pretty good... the guy was originally selling for £350 which would have been a steal but decided they were a "breeding pair" lol.
I wanted them far far too much to care about the price jump tho :good:

They were both up to mischeif all day today!
boasviv1.jpg

Cheers,
Lotte***

I believe I told you that if you got any BCCs, you'd die.

Bye bye. :p

gorgeous snakes. :wub:

been wanting to look at these aklk day but had to wait for kjids to go to bed cos there's no way we're having a snake aswell lol

What beautiful colours those snakes have

seeing as you said he sold them as a breeding pair are you hoping they will breed?

:D aww lol

Well, one day in the future they probably would breed, but they're both a long way off it, the female needs to reach around 5kg before she'll do it.

As for me, it's more a case of one day, if it happens wonderful! but I wont deliberately cycle them for breeding as I really dont have enough time for it, but I know I'd find it if she did get gravid! lol

:good:

Lotte***

P.S: lol, sorry Matt!!! :D

Do I get a free hatchling for being generally amazing and dashingly handsome? :hey:

Cool. These are some really awesome snakes. :hyper:

My cousin used to have one. They had a decorative board that spanned the length of a wall that divided two rooms (with space above it) and they'd sit the snake up there and let it hang out.

They'd also let it go outside and search/hunt around the yard and then come back in the house (no joke) I saw it. Really amazing. I guess it knew where's it's home/food was :lol:

A little late here, but have to bring this back up ... they are the most gorgeous creatures I've ever seen. Love snakes in general, but these really are stunners. Jeez ... very jealous.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back