My New Planted Community Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Jon1706

Reaction score
I wanted to keep a log on how my tank as grown since i started two months ago. I've gone for a planted tank with a good set of community fish.

Tank Specs

60-30-42 cms
1 15w T8 light (1wpg)
im using the fliter that came with the tank and the Juwel 50 watt heater.

SUBSTRATE

I am using a fine river gravel.

C02

I am thinking of a home made DIY system, but i am using easy carbo.

Fertilizer

easy life Profito
Root tabs

The layout as changed abit in the last few months since ive had the tank but i have got it how i want it now. So i am going to let things grow and get used t growing plants. Before moving on to doing a another tank ( next year hopefully)

Deco

1 x Mopani
Black and white granite stones

Plants

Cryptocoryne Wendtii "brown"
Cryptocoryne Wendtii "tropica"
Hygrophila Corymbosa "siamensis 53B"
Vallisneria americana "mini twister"
Echinodorus Bleheri "amazon sword"
Microsorum pteropus "Java Fern"

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

This is the layout of how the tank is staying unless anything bad happens.
01.jpg

(sorry some of the photos are a little bad did them on a old cam and moblie)

I will keep updating this log once a month.

It looks pretty good, will look better when it starts filling out. My only objection is the big rock. It directly pulls your attention to it and not anything else.

Ty susankat. Im hoping when it fills out it will hide it. I want to beable to just see the top of the rock when the plants start to fill out so fingers crossed. if it dose not then it will come out and i may replace it with some more Mopani not sure yet.

hi everyone. Haven't got much at the min. Everything is doing fine. Well apart from one clump of the grass i put in that seems to be melting a lot this week. I will post some pictures when i get on my computer and not on my phone. Have fun everyone.

Hi everyone and happy christmas. Well a lots happened in the last three weeks or so. Frist of all i have changed the layout of the tank and im very happy with it now, well till i move in a few weeks then i will have to re do it but untill then i like it.
here a pic of how it looks now
011.jpg

(the grass needs a clean its a bit marked lol :blush:l )
I think it looks a lot better this way then the way it did before. I also added some new fish to my tank this month some corys cool little guys. here is a pic of one :good:
008.jpg

Most reactions

Back