My new Betta is sick

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get a mod in on this lol. @Byron can give you thousands of reasons why a small bowl with clown puke gravel is not a great place for a fish :).
[/QUOTE
I wouldn't have killed your fish.

Leaving the ranting and accusations aside, how did you expect us to know what you know, and whether you've tested the water or done water changes, what symptoms he's shown? Your OP showed him in a tiny glass vase with less than a gallon of water, no filter, no heater. You spent time telling us about potential names, not about his current conditions or what you've done/plan to do/your water test results, anything useful to go off.

We're not mind readers. But a tiny vase with neon gravel and you saying you cycled a tank in 24 hours (which is impossible) usually means a fish suffering from ammonia burns and nitrite poisoning.

I asked you a bunch of questions, and you'd vanished. If you hadn't been doing water changes, which you never told us you had - your fish would be close to death by now. We're not able to read your mind, so yes, it looked as though you were killing your fish. Thinking you can cycle a tank in 24 hours is not a sign that you know about the nitrogen cycle...

Congrats on financially supporting the place that is keeping bettas in terrible conditions I guess? Even if you save this one, you've just proven that they can keep bettas in crappy conditions and turn a profit on them, so they'll place an order for even more. If people stopped buying living animals from places like Petsmart, they'd be forced to change their practices.
First I have been doing 100% water changes. Second I read all the instructions on the tank and setting it up. What I was saying is that yesterday was the second day I had him. So insinuating that I made him sick was ridiculous. Third this site isnā€™t for me. Just so you know I already reached out to several places and file a claim against them for selling sick and diseased fish. Cruelty to betta fish, and the conditions in which theyā€™re kept. Thank you again for your comment, again youā€™re wrong. Iā€™m all set, instead of getting rude comments with 0 help I called someone that can actually help!ā€™n

He freaked out, the other 2 Betta I bought went into fish tanks, the older male went into a tall 5 gallon betta tank, and the little baby is in a 2 gallon, until she gets a bit bigger. They were nervous for a few minutes, but after 10 minutes he was swimming around, and the baby loves her home, but this little guy was freaked out, I even tried turning off the filter for a few minutes, at first he wouldnā€™t move, his gills were rapidly going, then he started diving down head first, flipped over, the same thing my first betta did right before she died. I learned that lesson the hard way with my first Betta, so when he did the same thing, I thought it would be best not to wait any longer, and to pull him out immediately. I checked the water, and the ph levels, everything was fine. I took out the tank decor, and Iā€™m changing the gravel, thatā€™s why the fish tank is empty right now. Maybe Iā€™m a little cautious, but for right now, while heā€™s sick, itā€™s best to keep him where he feels safe, not where I, or others, think he should be. I bought a sick little fish, I want to help him, not kill him.

As soon as he starts to feel better, heā€™s going to leave is bowl, and weā€™ll try again. In the meantime, I asked if anyone could help me, with my sick Betta. Instead all I got was judgement on where I put him while heā€™s sick. I didnā€™t think I had to explain every single decision I made with him. So to be clear, yes I know about Bettas, I know that they canā€™t live together, which is why all of my bettas are housed separately, in their very own tanks, no dividers. My little baby girl betta is in a 2 gallon tank right now. I had to go out and buy this one for her, because

I have had him for 3 days. Thank you for assuming that I made the already sick fish, sick!!! First of all, I didnā€™t go into complete detail about when I put him in the big Tank, because it has nothing to do with him being sick. Second, I have had him for 3 dayā€™s, almost all of the pics I uploaded were from 3 days ago. The night I brought him home, he wasnā€™t moving at all, his fins were clamped his body was curved and swollen. Again, Iā€™m going to explain every single thing to you, because it is clear to me that you only responded to my post to make accusations, and to talk sh** to me about a decision that I made. You having no clue what happened, because you werenā€™t here, and thank god, because you wouldā€™ve killed my fish. In fact you really shouldnā€™t ā€œhelpā€ anyone!!
Just so that Iā€™m clear, the fish I bought was sick at the store. He was floating on his side, his fins were clamped up, his body was bent, he wasnā€™t moving. I Was thinking parasites because the cup THEY HAD HIM IN WAS FILTHY. SINCE I HAVE BEEN TAKING CARE OF HIM HE HAS GOTTEN A LITTLE BETTER, BY THAT I MEAN HE IS NO LONGER FLOATING AT THE TOP OF THE TANK WITH HIS BODY BENT. NOW BECAUSE HE IS SICK I DO MAKE SURE THAT HIS WATER STAYS CLEAN, HE DOESNā€™T GO CRAZY WHEN I CHANGE HIS WATER, JUST SO YOU KNOW, I DO 100% WATER CHANGES FOR HIM, I ALSO KEEP HIS WATER NEAR A LITTLE HEATER AND I CHECK THE TEMP TO MAKE SURE IT DOESNā€™T GET TO HOT. THESE ARE QUESTIONS YOU SHOULDā€™VE ASKED BEFORE MAKING STUPID COMMENTS TO SOMEONE YOUā€™VE NEVER MET!!!
Just to clarify, our comments are not stupid. You asked for help, and we have been giving you a lot of good advice.

Your betta is sick. Looks like he has been suffering from ammonia burns, and fin rot. Fin rot is caused by poor water quality, and ammonia burns are caused by high ammonia readings.

We have been telling you what we have been telling you before, because you apparently donā€™t know as much as you think you know about bettas. Bettas can not be kept in small bowls, even if they are sick. That is a worse idea.

First I have been doing 100% water changes. Second I read all the instructions on the tank and setting it up. What I was saying is that yesterday was the second day I had him. So insinuating that I made him sick was ridiculous. Third this site isnā€™t for me. Just so you know I already reached out to several places and file a claim against them for selling sick and diseased fish. Cruelty to betta fish, and the conditions in which theyā€™re kept. Thank you again for your comment, again youā€™re wrong. Iā€™m all set, instead of getting rude comments with 0 help I called someone that can actually help!ā€™n
Then why didn't you call someone before aggressively posting to people trying to help you? I'm sorry we take the health and happiness of living creatures seriously and try to ensure they're thriving and didn't massage your ego. I hope you find what you're looking for elsewhere and that your betta makes a full recovery. All the best in the future

Then why didn't you call someone before aggressively posting to people trying to help you? I'm sorry we take the health and happiness of living creatures seriously and try to ensure they're thriving and didn't massage your ego. I hope you find what you're looking for elsewhere and that your betta makes a full recovery. All the best in the future
Yep! I wish you the best of luck!

If you know as much as you think you know, you wouldn't be confused about why a betta that was in a cup of filthy water is sick. You'd be treating him for ammonia and nitrite poisoning.

You're a tad defensive...

I'm glad you're getting some help. Clean water daily would be the best medicine for him. Be wary of throwing meds at a fish that was already close to death and is likely still suffering from the conditions of the cup and the vase.

Oh and hey, don't forget to stop in once that fish dies. We would love to hear about the sacred techniques imprinted upon you by whomever you called :)

Both sides have spoken. Advice has been given. The OP will decide whether to take the advice or look elsewhere. To prevent further discord, I am now closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back