My mom is giving me the go!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What cheap aquascaping kit can i get that is relatively good? I want to try and stay under $20

Know what you mean. I just stick my hands in the tanks. Did buy some long tongs for the deep tank.

I am new to the hobby & nothing has grown enough to require pruning. I wouldn’t think twice about using my sharp hair trimming scissors in the tank if needed.

What cheap aquascaping kit can i get that is relatively good? I want to try and stay under $20
Just get which ever one has the best reviews and that fits your price range.

I got a cheap $16 one like a year ago and I still use it to this day. Whatever you do, do not get the Fluval brand tweezers with the red tips. They are extremely hard to grab plant stems with.

Just get which ever one has the best reviews and that fits your price range.

I got a cheap $16 one like a year ago and I still use it to this day. Whatever you do, do not get the Fluval brand tweezers with the red tips. They are extremely hard to grab plant stems with.
Ok! Thank you.

If you are from San Diego, you dont need a QT tank. I find stores that are trustworthy. Chain stores such as Petsmart and Petco are not trustworthy. But depends on what fish you want. I have 5 fish tanks and I’ve been unlucky enough to get Popeye, and I never went back to that pond store. I wouldn’t get a quarantine tank. Just be cautious.

If you are from San Diego, you dont need a QT tank. I find stores that are trustworthy. Chain stores such as Petsmart and Petco are not trustworthy. But depends on what fish you want. I have 5 fish tanks and I’ve been unlucky enough to get Popeye, and I never went back to that pond store. I wouldn’t get a quarantine tank. Just be cautious.
I still am... You dont understand the quality out here its just... Barf... I like are lps but idk about their tanks... Their iffy...

Petco Stores are not created equally. The one I frequent on the coast opposite San Diego is ok

Petco Stores are not created equally. The one I frequent on the coast opposite San Diego is ok
Yah, I've heard of some heaven like pet cos... Heres a tip... If you ever come out to my area... Dont go through the pain of looking at distressed fish and animals at the pet stores here...

The whole QT thing bothers me. If I ever sold someone a fish, I would expect them to be able to take it home and put it in their tank. If you buy a fish from a reliable source the average home aquarist should never have to QT any fish. We must be careful of the message we are sending out. Remember the fish will do better with the least number of moves they have to make. Please just make sure that you are buying the right fish for your system and don't go searching for why a fish will fit in your tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back