My Molly

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I agree with Fish48, he does look a little off. I'm not an expert on mollies but his fins look clamped which is never a good sign (One of my mollies died a week after presenting this sign) and from the pictures his spine looks curved which could mean internal parasite (If I remember correctly). Your setup looks fine, filter and heater but that doesn't always mean the water parameters are good. Did you cycle the tank before adding the fish? I really can't say what is wrong with him and maybe fish48 can help more but I would say the cheapest thing to get which could slightly help is aquarium salt if you don't already have it. 

I hope your fish gets better and we're just trying to help you know and be aware that something isn't right which could affect your other fish as well. 

Ok well I cycled for 1 month and I got the water checked and it was fine I have had this fish for 1 year and has all ways looked like this so I think it is fine it eats and swims

Have you added anything new to the water such as plants or rocks or anything? That can sometimes cause problems. Have you had any fish die previously in that tank? 

Another problem might be that he is stressed for whatever reason. This is something that I have dealt with my previous two mollys. Again what you could do is add aquarium salt. Other then that I really can't say what else to do or what is wrong. Maybe someone who has had more experience with mollys will be able to help!

I do not need help he Is just fine I have checked the water and it is fine I have added the salt to so thanks for the help

if your molly is still the same shape as it was when you bought it  with a Sunken belly  may be it's just a deformity,or
if it as got Worse since well then it is sick. either way   it is not normal for a molly to be that shape

Most reactions

Back