My molly is giving birth

Leah0402

New Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
16
Points
3
Location
Uk
Hi all, I woke up this morning and my molly had given birth to a fry which is surprising as I know my guppy is due to give birth but had no idea about my molly anyway she had the one then about an hour later I saw another one however I don't know if she's had anymore before after or inbetween though Ive spent ages just staring in the tank she herself seems to be doing fine apart from the male is not leaving her alone, would it be worth separating him from her? Is it normal for her to only have 2 or do you think there is more hiding? How long does birthing take? Sorry for all the questions today has taken me by surprise.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200515_091500.webp
    IMG_20200515_091500.webp
    278.7 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_20200515_151004.webp
    IMG_20200515_151004.webp
    217.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20200515_101724.webp
    IMG_20200515_101724.webp
    289.4 KB · Views: 161
Hi all, I woke up this morning and my molly had given birth to a fry which is surprising as I know my guppy is due to give birth but had no idea about my molly anyway she had the one then about an hour later I saw another one however I don't know if she's had anymore before after or inbetween though Ive spent ages just staring in the tank she herself seems to be doing fine apart from the male is not leaving her alone, would it be worth separating him from her? Is it normal for her to only have 2 or do you think there is more hiding? How long does birthing take? Sorry for all the questions today has taken me by surprise.


Great!
 
Congrats!
FIrst ever batch of a female is usually smaller in number. That's normal.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top