ladymahler
New Member
- Joined
- Jul 18, 2005
- Messages
- 11
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hi fish lovers
I have a male guppy that is reasonably tiny (well, normal size, really). I just noticed it looks PREGNANT, it has a HUGE belly, looks like it swallowed a guppy-sized soccer ball. It's in a tank with molly fry but even if he tries really hard, he'd have to dislocate his jaw to get one down. And the smallest fry around is still happily swimming around, so I doubt if it is anything like that. He looks pretty happy, still chasing his mate (perhaps a little big sluggish, like an old guy with a beer belly chasing a young girl ...).
Should I be worried, or let him just digest whatever he swallowed...
<Edited to post a photo:>
I have a male guppy that is reasonably tiny (well, normal size, really). I just noticed it looks PREGNANT, it has a HUGE belly, looks like it swallowed a guppy-sized soccer ball. It's in a tank with molly fry but even if he tries really hard, he'd have to dislocate his jaw to get one down. And the smallest fry around is still happily swimming around, so I doubt if it is anything like that. He looks pretty happy, still chasing his mate (perhaps a little big sluggish, like an old guy with a beer belly chasing a young girl ...).
Should I be worried, or let him just digest whatever he swallowed...
<Edited to post a photo:>
) fish dont have the thing in their tummy that says
I'm full stop eating so they can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat...you get the picture and as such look pregnant is a good possibility of what happened more so if you recently fed them. If this is the case he will be fine by the next feed time, trust me on this







