Spinning around
Reaction score
The small 6,000 Gallon Pond -
post-24-1084026509.jpg

The big 10,000 Gallon Pond -
post-24-1084026562.jpg

So fish from the larger pond -
post-24-1084026613.jpg

Both ponds are filtered by a Cloverleaf multi cone filter system, consisting of four and six chambers respectivly. The first vortex is for settlement, followed by a bay of kaldness moving bed media, whike japanese matting is in the final two chambers of each system.

Ste2k3 - Chagoi can grow very large yes, I think the world record for the largest Koi is a Chagoi.

Herons - Well in the larger ponds I am ok as they don't mess with 15-32" monsters in smaller ponds I have fishing line tied taught across the width of the pond at 30cm intervals the Herons hit this stuff whilst wading and can't see it and get spooked and fly off. :)

Wow there great, you must have a big or not as many veg patches as our garden :/

I see your aka matsuba Ogon looks exactly the same as mine :D

I love the look of that Goshiki the pattern and colour is awesome.

are your koi from random breeders or specific ones?

heh you lost me on the filter bit :D way out of my league, I'm only looking at 3000 gallon ones.

i reakon a Albino Sturgeon bobbin up and down at the sides would finish it off nicely ;)

but... :thumbs: :kewlpics: and a tad of :wub:

It is a very big garden luckily, the ponds are opposite each other at the top of the garden then there is a lawn, flower beds and a veg patch and green house.

Most of the Koi are hand picked or ordered Koi through various shops and Koi keepers. The majority are Japanese Koi with one or two English and Israeli Koi that I have got hold of. Glad you like them. :) I am still on the look out for an Albino Sturgeon and if the one I mentioned is still there then I will pick it up to go with my regular one. :)

Koi in a tank :no: thats pure evil :devil:

and i feel kind of guilty with koi in a smallish pond.

you already have a stugeon/sterlet :blink: what type is that one? what kind of size is it at?

Yep a reg Sterlet at about 20", very hard to photo because against the black liner you hardly see it in photos. :X

paul_v_biker said:
nice, what size did you have him/her from?
7-8" When I brought him, I got him half price with a Sanke and Chagoi!

lol buy 2 get one half price....pitty there aren't any BOGOFF offers going on!!

Where about are you by the way? I got the impression you were abroad atfirst then you said you found a place in the UK with the albino's so now i'm a bit miffed!!

Cambridgeshire :). Just said UK for USA members etc.

"Koi in a tank-- thats pure evil" :whistle: :*)

Mea Culpa--we're going fast as we can to rectify this!!!
We only intended the tank to be for our BABY Koi, 3" long to get them started.
Obviously it's worked because of how hale and hardy they are!

I'm in utter awe of the colors and beauty of your ponds. I agree--WOW! :wub:
I hope I can take some pictures of our "Small" Ogon and Sankes to share...

I hope our new pond turns out as beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing!

well keeping them in tanks to bring up is a different matter, i have 22 rudd in a 14gallon inside at the moment, all about 1inch now.

Yes lots and lots of pictures!!

Oh yea, what was the name of that expensive Koi you have? can you see it in any of the pictutres?

Midorigoi (not mine)
b10.jpg

113.jpg

Some go for normal prices or abit higher but a good marking and colour and you can get alot!

I'll try to get some pics of mine at some point. Although I should think most are worth alot because they are hand picked, easily into the tens of thousands and maybe hundreds.

Most reactions

Back