My Koi Pond

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Owls are terrific predators ! Waders also.
I didn't even that realize owls ate/hunted fish until that point! It was a MAJOR learning point for me. Too bad it cost me my favorite fish that to this day, I have been unable to find one like him.

Wow, Olive, that's beautiful. Makes me miss the bass/bluegill/goldfish pond we had at the old place. Good memories. Moving all the rocks? Not such a good memory! :lol: Sounds like you've taken reasonable precautions from predators, and if an issue crops up I'm sure you'll deal with it.

Pardon me if you already said, but what kind of filter/water flow do you have going here?

Wow, Olive, that's beautiful. Makes me miss the bass/bluegill/goldfish pond we had at the old place. Good memories. Moving all the rocks? Not such a good memory! :lol: Sounds like you've taken reasonable precautions from predators, and if an issue crops up I'm sure you'll deal with it.

Pardon me if you already said, but what kind of filter/water flow do you have going here?
Thanks! We have this pond that we dug as well as a 3 acre stocked private lake. The blue gill hang out under our floating dock that we built, and our neighbors like to trespass to catch the bass 😂

My parents put me in complete charge of choosing the equipment. I picked out a $30 waterfall filter housing base thingy, and a 4,000 gph pump for $60. We use a course filter pad, then poly fill, then bio balls.

So 3,800 liters ! How deep is it ?
I think it is so somewhere between 1,200 gallons and 1,500. When it’s converted to liters it sounds so much bigger! It is 3 feet at the deepest. I tried to talk my mom into making it 4 to 5 feet, but she said she couldn’t do that much digging

Went to our somewhat local water garden on Monday! We picked up some taro, umbrella palms, and mosaic plant, as well as another lily. All our existing plants that wintered over have come back as well! The pond is doing great.
DA4BA879-1B9C-4C62-B11C-C15A501FDE58.jpeg
C83A55D5-6D7F-49C1-A5FE-7423F5B5FD6B.jpeg
D01CC3E6-D802-4FE4-8EAB-4B269EA1A60D.jpeg
2673B42F-4009-45EE-A080-BA05D5A21052.jpeg

Attachments

• 464468F4-2086-4BB4-951A-90EB28436553.jpeg
    464468F4-2086-4BB4-951A-90EB28436553.jpeg
    511.3 KB · Views: 36
In early spring, while the temps were still kind of low but high enough that they wanted food, we fed floating wheat germ pellets twice a day. I’m not sure what we feed now, but we do two feedings a day. I know we throw in some omega one small sinking goldfish pellets for the smaller guys.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back