My Juwel Vision 180... *updated *

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

New scape pictures as promised :D

P1000365.jpg

P1000369.jpg

P1000367.jpg

more scapeing needed on the left hand side but it willl get there :)

Opinions?

Also been thinking about changeing my stocking to something more simple, was thinking of the following

1 Royle blue discus
Large group of neons 20 or so.
Keeping my shrimps (2 armoud shrips and 7 normal ones)
Keeping my Bristle Nose

Got the insperation from George farmer's tank (http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/109852-georges-planted-tank/) just love the layout and the idea of such a simple stock :)

Opinions?
Also are discus fish easy to keep or do they need a specific high or low ph or certain conditions?

Thanks for looking
Andy

well done, looks good. The left hand side need shorter plants, maybe look at some smaller crypts. I personally would remove the vallis, and mix it in with the right hand side. Which looks excellent! Maybe go for some kind of carpet?

what are you dosing in the way of C02 and ferts?

what is your lighting?

i don't know a lot about Discus, but i'm sure the tanks to small, one of the discus keepers will be along soon i'm sure. If not start a thread in the New world section.

stunning looking tank . altho not big enough for discus im afraid, discus need to be kept in groups of at least 6 and the tank needs to be a minimum of 55g. you could do a single angel as a centrepiec fish , but if you did that youd be better off with some of the deeper body tetras instead of the neons , as when it gets big enough there is a very real risk of an angel eating neons

Yeah the left hand side just isnt right, but im affaird im a noob when it comes to plant types and names of them, whats crypts? what would be a good sort of carpeting plant?

My tanks is very low tech, no Co2 ferts is 4 pond feeder sticks place aroudn the tank under the gravel which seem to be doing well atm tbh :) and the lights are just 2 x t8 bulbs.

i might post in that section i would only want one but still its no good if the tank just isnt big enough.

Cheers for the help ianho
Andy

just seen you post markandhisfish thanks for the help thats that idea out the window then any other stunning centerpeice fish thats a possibility?
cheers

as for the carpeting plants, you could go for Riccia

it will grow in a low light tank...

have a read of this

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=101806&st=0

and then there's Cryptocoryne parva or Echinodorus quadricostatus, these are both low light, and would look good under the branch area, going to the far corner.

Just keep an eye on things though after the recent scape, let it settle as there will be scope for algaes t take hold after re scapes.

in that tank an angel would work well or a pair of larger gouramis such as pearl gourami

Wow that stuff looks great when its grown a little :) what wuld you suggest, having the carpet plant in the middle and some small plants at the far left of the other way around? any thing i can do to provent possible algae?

i alredy have two perals markandhisfish i was after something really differant, all they do is hide in my tank so the only fish you ever see are the neaons and the rainbow fish :S i will just have to have a good look around and do some research :)
Cheers
Andy

just keep an eye on it, perhaps lowering the photo-period by an hour or 2 for a week won't hurt. I would have the carpet on the left hand side, bring it as close as possible to the triangle as possible.

That's a really nice looking tank! I love the wood and the way it branches. Very healthy looking plants too. Well done!

What substrate are you using and what or how are you keeping the plants healkthy

What substrate are you using and what or how are you keeping the plants healkthy

Substrate is just Black Roman gravel, and i dont do much to keep the plants healthy:/ i have 4 plant food sticks in for them scatterd around the tank (they're made for ponds but are great in fish tanks apparently) and then i add leaf zone once a week and thats it :)

Orderd some riccia and some crypts that should be coming on thursday :)
Also after then stocking will change to:-
2 Angels
15 or so Cardinals
2 bolivian Rams
1 more BN so i have two BN's
Keeping my 2 albino corys and all my Shrimps

Sound good?

Cheers for the comments
Andy

Great looking tank as I've said before, that piece of wood is amazing :good:

One thing I'd like to point out is the BBA on the java fern leaf (post #31). I've just had to strip my tank down because of this stuff, it spreads fast and is a pain in the a*** to get rid of. Just a heads up really before (if) it takes over as it did in mine.

Great looking tank as I've said before, that piece of wood is amazing :good:

One thing I'd like to point out is the BBA on the java fern leaf (post #31). I've just had to strip my tank down because of this stuff, it spreads fast and is a pain in the a*** to get rid of. Just a heads up really before (if) it takes over as it did in mine.

Cheers :) any tips on how to stop it taking over?, I had little bits for a while but it hasn't mounted to much as of yet. I think the tank will look even better when the new plants come on thur :) love the look of riccia and hopefully the new stocking plans will set it right off :D
Cheers
Andy

Well my new plants came on thursday so i had a little scape, although not all the plants i orderd came so i will have to wait a little longer till its all sorted :)

Riccia needs a little recovering time as it isnt in the best of states and theres not much there either and the rest should be coming sortly so then i can work out where they all loook best then,
Few pics of how it is for now:

P1000657.jpg

P1000655.jpg

Also got my new tank mates :)
Lfs took my old stock so i went out to buy my new stock.
Stock now stands at

2 Angel fish
2 Bolivion Rams
10 Harlequin rasbora
1 Bristlenose
8 Cory's (6 panda and 2 Albino)
7 amano shrimp
2 Armourd Shrip
2 Zebra Snails

New tankmates

P1000651.jpg

P1000643.jpg

P1000347.jpg

Cheeky one of me Betta to :D
P1000581-1.jpg

Thanks for looking
ill update when the rest of my plants arrive :)
Andy

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back