My Juwel Vision 180 Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Kevstir

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys

Had my tank up and running for a couple of months now so thought it was time to show some pics :D

Day 1

1.jpg

Added some plants from eBay, was done as out of the 7 bunches only 3 were real aquatic plants :angry:

2.jpg

Got rid of the non aquatic plants and added in some nice new ones from Greenline :D

3.jpg

This was taken when i decided the cycle had ran long enough to support the fish i had to put in it, had been cycling for over 3 weeks and converting ammonia to 0 in under 12hrs, nitrite was still at the top end of the scale, i had no intention of adding a full stock of fish so thought why let in run all the way and end up loosing a lot of bacteria once i add my 20 small fish , i did a 100% water change and all has been fine ever since :D

4.jpg

a few weeks later i started getting green water :angry:

100_3644.jpg

after 2 weeks of trying to sort out the green water i lost patience and bought a fish r fun 9watt UV steriliser from eBay and after a week this is what it was like :D

5.jpg

and this was it just 10 mins ago, plants need a little trim lol , you can see the difference the new lights have made in this picy, replaced the standard juwel lights with a Arcadia freshwater and and interpet tri-plus.

6.jpg

Hope you like , sorry for the difference in picture quality , some were taken using my mobile and some using my digital camera which i must replace as 2 megapixel just doesn't cut it these days lol

Cheers

Kev

whew! I wouldn't be too happy with green water either!

Good looking tank! what is the stocking now, and what;'s the future plan?

whew! I wouldn't be too happy with green water either!

Good looking tank! what is the stocking now, and what;'s the future plan?

Yeah the Green water was a right pain, was getting fed up of visitors asking whats up with the tank lol

Stocking is 10-Harliquins, 6-Neon Tetras, 3-Ottos, 3-Albino Corys, 2-Panda Corys, 3-Leopard Corys, 2-German Blue Rams. Im getting the urge for some Discus but gonna wait at least another 6 month until i decide, our local water is fine for Discus so that's a plus :D

Plans are to remove the Juwel filter once the external has had time to build up the bacteria, I'm actually thinking of removing 1 pad a week from the juwel internal, once that's removed I'll rescape that corner..

It's getting better and better :good:

I like how you kept the blue background exposed, it gives the tank a very airy feel ;)

My thoughts exactly , you just put them into words :D

I'll try and get some pics of the fish tonight, cant promise they pics will be good though lol

Thanks

Kev

i removed my juwel filter before i set my 260 up must say, its made all the difference,loads more space.i hope i dont get green water like that! :sad:

Great tank! Nice clear water in the end lol. Looks very clean.

I notice in one of the pics before the UV you had algae at the back. How did you get rid of it? Did the UV?

Great tank! Nice clear water in the end lol. Looks very clean.

I notice in one of the pics before the UV you had algae at the back. How did you get rid of it? Did the UV?

Cheers for the good comments guys :D

That was brown algae m8, the night that pic was taken was the night i added the fish, by the morning it was all gone due to the otto's , they love the stuff :D

The UV only gets rid of algae that's in the water m8, it wont do anything for the algae that's on the glass etc etc ..

Kev

That was brown algae m8, the night that pic was taken was the night i added the fish, by the morning it was all gone due to the otto's , they love the stuff :D

The UV only gets rid of algae that's in the water m8, it wont do anything for the algae that's on the glass etc etc ...

Yeah, i did think that but i wasnt sure. Thanks for "clearing" it all up. Sorry for bad joke... lol

I see some cories in those pictures. What species do you have?

Hi m8

I have 3 Albino Corys, 3 Leapord (trilineatus) and 2 Panda corys (lost 2) , and i want to get more :D

I'll get some pics of the fish when i get the chance, my wee yorkie just had 4 pups late tuesday night so been busy with them ..

Kev

Tank looks great Kev - nice and clean/natural looking.

Can I ask what plants you have (particularly the one on the left and the little "lily pad" type one next to the wood on the right - thinking of trying Greenline myself too.

p.s. congrats on the new pups - would love to see a pic of them too :wub:

Lovely tank, I normally prefer heavily planted with a bit of artistic talent of course.

This is quite simplistic in its layout yet it works and looks great.

Thankfully the green water is gone, what a nuisance!

Most reactions

Back