My Internet Controlled 29 Gallon Tank With Live Webcam.

I was just thinking with them bubble been blasted out during the night, on then off then on etc and the spotlight been switched on and off that diver being moved up and down, maybe unsettle the fish at night, especially when the fish go in to trance state (like sleeping/resting) cos they become very static in movement, then all of a sudden all this movement is going on constantly throughout the night by finger trigger happy internet useres lol.

Still i think its a fantastic idea though so dont get me wrong :) (personally i would certainly use one if i went on holiday or anything but i would not let millions of user mess with it lol)

looks fun, but not entirely convinced its real.

Wow... ok... Not sure what to tell you. Not that I need to prove anything to anyone, but what do you think would prove it to you? What don't you believe exactly? If you think I wrote a web page that can mimmick something like this, then trust me I'm sure that I would be a very highly paid web developer and I probably would be doing things much bigger and better than this. Besides, there's no real rocket science in video streaming and converting web clicks into actions. All I did was apply this to the aquatic world.

If you did certain actions in different sequences maybe? Would that prove that its doing things for real? Or like I said earlier in this thread "Open this in one browser: http://www.mycampage.com/wavejam then this in another: http://tankedcam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87&Itemid=99 and while watching both browsers, play with the dino mouth."

I'm not asking you to buy anything or believe in anything but I do assure you that there is nothing fake about it. Thanks for looking though.

I forgot to mention earlier.....

If any of you have an iPhone you can try the TankedCam webapp. Just point your iPhone browser to m.tankedcam.com

Thats what I use when I'm on the road. Of course my version has the feeding and other controls.

Enjoy!

Well, regardless of all the doubters, I think it's real. AND a really cool idea. Very innovative man :good: I'm surprised no one has thought of this before. Right on.

BobRoss

Pretty cool though the mods/admins might not be too happy as its bascially driving customers to your website.

All you people doubting it's real I think need to step off a bit. I have been involved in IT for years and the concepts are actually quiet basic.

However, what you have done here is quite brilliant and I think you've done a fantastic job! Like WaveJam said, it would take longer and more effort to make a web application than it would what he has actually done here.

Brilliant idea and design well done, great work!

Oops yeh apologies WaveJam I didn't look at the site properly, it looked like it was selling stuff and it hadnt loaded properly (my net was grinding to a halt). Just messed about with the iphone site, very cool indeed!

That's incredible. Kudos. Have you patented the idea and approached anyone about marketing it? How about the people like "Dragons den" or "American inventor"?

Ha, excellent. Don't know why people are doubting :rolleyes:

How are the robotics programmed/linked to the website? Interested as to what language(s) are involved. Do you have to send the requests to some sort of intermediary service?

What happens if 10 people are trying to control the same cam at the same time? :blink:

ditto what Choochoo said! love this kind of stuff!!!:hyper:

people have every right to doubt its legitimacy, what if more than one person was moving something at the same time? id bet everyone would see on their screen what ever they pressed, you would have to have electrical wires running to the bottom of your tank and under your gravel to make the crocs mouth open, i think its pointless, if you don't have the time to look after your fish with your own hands then you shouldn't have fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back