My Gbrs And Betta Won't Eat Nothing But.

MrWhite

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK Manchester
my betta and gbrs are in different tanks btw well I have had the betta a month now and the gbrs about 3 weeks maybe longer and have been feeding them only on bloodworm and brineshrimp they won't eat no flake food tetra veg crisp pro and tetra flakes and betta pellets for the betta also won't eat no veggies this has been going on for a month now if its ok to feed them only on frozen then its fine but I'm worried it will be unhealthy for them is this true I don't no what
to do anymore
 
Do you feed them at a regular time every day?
If so just switch to the flake food at meal times.
If they don't eat it then take it out after a few minutes and don't feed them that day.
Try again at the same time the next day, if they don't eat it then perhaps don't feed them that day too.
I'm pretty sure they'll be ok if they miss a couple of feeds...I would definitely feed them the frozen food on day 3 if the STILL wont take flake food though.

If you don't feed them at a regular time, then start. I've had a few fish that refused certain foods for awhile. I tapped the tank lid lightly at feeding time before putting food in.
Eventually when it came roughly to feeding time a couple of taps on the lid and they were straight up to the top whether I put food in or not.
In the end I just switched the food and if they're hungry they'll eat it.

Plus if you're feeding bloodworm and brineshrip only then they'll probably a bit fat/full up. Giving them the option to reject any other foods.
You're probably right about them needing a slightly more balanced diet. I don't know EXACTLY how important it is though. :dunno:

The above methods worked for me when I had fussy fish though so hopefully would work for you too. Good luck :)
 
Fussy fish. *huff*

Think of it this way - why eat bread and drink water when you can have steak and a cuppa tea.

They are used to eating these very rish foods so are turning their nose up at the flake foods. If they were hungry and had no option they would eat flake and learn to have itas part of a normal diet. So as said above - just let them go hungry for a while and then introduce flake to them. They may pick at it and realise it is nicer than they thought.
 
Fussy fish. *huff*

Think of it this way - why eat bread and drink water when you can have steak and a cuppa tea.

They are used to eating these very rish foods so are turning their nose up at the flake foods. If they were hungry and had no option they would eat flake and learn to have itas part of a normal diet. So as said above - just let them go hungry for a while and then introduce flake to them. They may pick at it and realise it is nicer than they thought.

Lol :lol: Love the analogy!
And it's so so true.
 
flakes are a crap diet for rams anyway, and bettas. its good that your ram is eating lots of frozen food! just make sure he gets variety...eg;

mysis
bloodworm
brineshrimp with garlic
chopped prawn
chopped mussel
beef
tuna
salmon
 

Most reactions

Back
Top