My fry. Approx 6 weeks old

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kelp23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Here are some (poor quality) pics of two of my platy fry. I've 6 in total and all totally different colours.

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_192104.jpg
    IMG_20200716_192104.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20200716_192120_1.jpg
    IMG_20200716_192120_1.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 61
They are cute, I have 13 platy fry in my "fry" tank, wasn't planing on having a fry tank but the day after I bought two platys one had babies. They are close to two weeks old.

Attachments

• DCP00616.JPG
    DCP00616.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 52
  • GEDC1416.JPG
    GEDC1416.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 52
Looking great! I love the parent. By my reconciliation, isn’t it called a “Star Burst” Platy?

Wow! They've got a nice starter home.
Thanks it was my shrimp tank but only have one shrimp left so I was using it as a QT tank for my new platys. I was going to change it over to something else after I moved them to another tank but then the fry showed up.

Thanks it was my shrimp tank but only have one shrimp left so I was using it as a QT tank for my new platys. I was going to change it over to something else after I moved them to another tank but then the fry showed up.
You are lucky to have hard water. I would love to keep live bearers! :thumbs:

Here are some (poor quality) pics of two of my platy fry. I've 6 in total and all totally different colours.
Nice. Well, maybe some other colored male has mated with the mother or one of the parents had other influences as ancestors. Nice looking variatus platies.
This is the standard variatus platy as an aquarium strain. I've got those too.

Nice. Well, maybe some other colored male has mated with the mother or one of the parents had other influences as ancestors. Nice looking variatus platies.
This is the standard variatus platy as an aquarium strain. I've got those too.
The mother is plain orange and there were two males in the tank. One is also orange with a black tail and the other is pale and stripey like you see in the pic. They've all been together since December with no other males.

The mother is plain orange and there were two males in the tank. One is also orange with a black tail and the other is pale and stripey like you see in the pic. They've all been together since December with no other males.
Females as such can store sperm packets for over a year... And those packets are still useable after such a period.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back