My frog is shedding. HA!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

BettaMomma

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
*sigh*
I already had one death at my house today I don't need more bad news.
I picked up Sandy's (adf) little tank to get a closer look at her cute face and I can see what looks to be hunks of skin or fungus hanging off her.

What is this, and how do I fix it?

She's in a 1/2 gallon tank with stress coat dechlorinator and water. Nothing else.

-=-=-=-=-=-=--=

Okay, after some very extensive research on the web and reading page after page after page... I discovered that ADFs shed their skin. lol

I was panicking and here it's totally natural.
uugh.

I should have mentioned that before. :) I've had so many messages, PMs, and posts from people who think their frog is dying, even though the frog is just shedding.

Hi Bettamomma :)

They do it every so often. Sometimes it comes off in bits and pieces, but other times it looks like they stepped out of a set of long johns!

Don't worry about taking it right out of the tank. Sometimes they will eat it and that's OK too. :D

Inchworm said:
Hi Bettamomma :)

They do it every so often. Sometimes it comes off in bits and pieces, but other times it looks like they stepped out of a set of long johns!

Don't worry about taking it right out of the tank. Sometimes they will eat it and that's OK too. :D
yummy, nothing like a meal of old dead skin :drool:

Most reactions

Back