🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

34ilikepie

Reaction score
Hello First time posting.

For my fishtank i have a 10 gallon tank with:
2 neon tetras
1 female guppy
1 betta

Ya i know funny combination but if you control the betta they are tammed easily but just have a hiding place on hand. My sister googled that can bettas and other fish can live together they can. I might get some more fish can someone give me suggestions on what types of fish but my betta doesn't like bright colours but i can train him.

Welcome to the Forum

Bettas are great little fish aren't they :D you've been lucky enough to find a laid back guy that will tolerate other fish.

I would up your neons to atleast 6, other than that theres not much more you can add

Hi

Neon Tetra are notorious fin nippers so will hassle the Betta.

Probably not a good mixture overall! -_-

As a rule, you can work out how many fish you can get by 1 inch to 1 gallon. So, for a 10 gallon you're looking at 10 1 inch fish. The tetras are a schooling fish so should be in groups of about 10. Guppies should be in groups also.

I would suggest to keep your fish happy, invest in a bigger tank! I had a 9gallon to start off with but became bored very quickly as I was limited to what fish I could have. So now I have a 125l which I'm much happier with as can have much more fish.

Thanx for the advice but i'm currently 14 so when i move out i might get a bigger tank and more tanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back