My Fishies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Welshweeks

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd ask what people think of my current stocking. All fish seem fine although I had a recent bout of Ich that took about 5 weeks to eradicate! It was very mild and I didn't lose any fish and they never seemed distressed.

Tank - Aquaone Eurostlye 80 - 80cm x 42cm x 64cm high 180 lires
which has gravel substrate, rocks, bogwood and well planted. I have an external filter but also running a small internal filter to add a bit more surface movement/better filtration.

Fish

9 x Rummynose Tetras
6 x 5 banded Barbs
2 x German Blue Rams (M & F)
2 x Ottos
2 x Gardneri Killifish (M & F)
6 x Sterbai Corydoras
1 x Bristlenose Pleco.

They all get on fine and there's no dominant personalities in there (so far).

I would possibly like to put maybe 6 Neon Tetras in there and maybe a few cherry shrimp at some point.

What do you all think?

fishtank150712.jpg

smile.gif

Yes, I think that's a grrrr-ate combination! ;)
I think it's ok to get 6 neon tetras. After those, I would not add anymore fish.

By the way (off topic), where did you find that spongebob picture with his pupils moving? It's adorable!

By the way (off topic), where did you find that spongebob picture with his pupils moving? It's adorable!

lol cant remember I just did a search for avatars and ended up with SB! We often have him on the TV in my house as it's one of the rare programs everyone will watch! lol

i personaly would add to the groups you have. this will give you a more natural feel to the tank and the fish will act more naturally giving a much better impact on the tank overall. regarding the cherry shrimp they will be a nice treat for the rams im affraid

i personaly would add to the groups you have. this will give you a more natural feel to the tank and the fish will act more naturally giving a much better impact on the tank overall. regarding the cherry shrimp they will be a nice treat for the rams im affraid

Which groups would you increase? Also instead of shrimp (due to the Rams) what about a Dwarf Orange Crayfish? Saw some recently in my LFS and did think they looked awesome and thought maybe one of those?

They had those Gold Neon Tetra over the Ponty M.A recently bro... looked awesome.
With regards to that crayfish, i believe i have seen the one you are talking about (same shop?).. the main concern i would possibly have with one of those is your Cory?!?! The one i seen was a good 5/6cm long.

Terry.

Tank looking really good mate, what is the small internal filled with? Mine is full of floss, gets cleaned weekly and changed monthly.

Like Mattlee, I would be looking to up numbers of your existing social fish before adding another species...

Otos (another 4-8)
Sterbai Corydoras (another 4-6)
5-banded Barbs (another 4-6)

In any case, you should have that tank setup at high end tropical temps (27/28C) for the Rams, which is dangerously warm to maintain Neon Tetras. At such temps, Cardinals are a much safer choice, but I would not them to this tank because you have rather a lot of species already for a 180l.

With regards to his higher temp for his Rams, how dangerous could this actually be for his Cory? I only ask as i currently stock Golden Rams, with the temp at 26/27 mainly due that i am quite paranoid about my Albino Cory's needs.

Terry.

Sorry about the 'hijack', welshweeks. :lol:

They had those Gold Neon Tetra over the Ponty M.A recently bro... looked awesome.
With regards to that crayfish, i believe i have seen the one you are talking about (same shop?).. the main concern i would possibly have with one of those is your Cory?!?! The one i seen was a good 5/6cm long.

Terry.

Tank looking really good mate, what is the small internal filled with? Mine is full of floss, gets cleaned weekly and changed monthly.

Currently just sponge, I'm planning on putting filter wool in there and some more good quality ceramic media. Regarding the crayfish your correct about where I saw it and I did think it could possibly give the corys some trouble!
crazy.gif

TA I think the Sterbai Corys can handle the temp around 27/28C.

Like Mattlee, I would be looking to up numbers of your existing social fish before adding another species...

Otos (another 4-8)
Sterbai Corydoras (another 4-6)
5-banded Barbs (another 4-6)

In any case, you should have that tank setup at high end tropical temps (27/28C) for the Rams, which is dangerously warm to maintain Neon Tetras. At such temps, Cardinals are a much safer choice, but I would not them to this tank because you have rather a lot of species already for a 180l.

Thanks for the advice, it would be great to increase in numbers you suggested I assume you mean to increase one of the breeds and not all of them?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back