My fish is not growing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi I bought my fish 2 months ago and she didn't grow. The other paradise fish that were with her were the same size when I bought her and when I came back 1 month and a half later they were 3x bigger than her. She is only 2 inch and female paradise fish are supposed to be 3-4 inches. Maybe she is sick and it stopped her to grow? Also I noticed some black dots on her tail.

any pictures of the fish?
I just took a video and it is really bad quality but right now it's weird I don't even see the black dots I saw yesterday . Maybe it was also just my imagination when I saw them or the lighting.

Attachments

• 20200321_180055.jpg
    20200321_180055.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200321_175952.jpg
    20200321_175952.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 93
External parasite? Fish louse or leach? Or a trematode? What is history of fish. When I have had infected fish it took a lot more to slow growth.

External parasite? Fish louse or leach? Or a trematode? What is history of fish. When I have had infected fish it took a lot more to slow growth.
I tought about external parasite but I think it is suppose to spread faster but I don't know a lot about fish parasite so It might also be this. I don't want to treat my water if there is nothing so I would like that someone confirm what it is.

I would like to see a fin scrape from those locations or a much closer photograph. I have a microscope on my desk suitable, but it is on my desk.

The fish looks like a young male. If it is a male, the bigger dominant male/s will be picking on it nd stunting its growth.

Have the black marks moved or changed?
If they have been the same for the last 2 months I would say it's just colouration. However, if they stick out from the body (can't tell form these pictures) it could be something else.

If it hasn't appeared on the other fish in 2 months, it's not contagious.

The fish looks like a young male. If it is a male, the bigger dominant male/s will be picking on it nd stunting its growth.

Have the black marks moved or changed?
If they have been the same for the last 2 months I would say it's just colouration. However, if they stick out from the body (can't tell form these pictures) it could be something else.

If it hasn't appeared on the other fish in 2 months, it's not contagious.
I only have only one fish but if you go look one of my other thread I think it is a female because it laid eggs ( there is picture) and it is very smaller than the other PF at my LFS and when I got it, it was bigger. The dots never changed and they are not sticking out

Internal parasite? Need to see better picture.
It is weird because sometimes I can clearly see the 2 black dots and sometime I can't, right now I was just seeing one of the 2 black dots. The picture is still not good because the fish is always moving

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200322-102317.png
    Screenshot_20200322-102317.png
    677.8 KB · Views: 97
It is possible they effectively scars where melanophores are overly active yet can be turned on and off, but not proportionally with surrounding tissues.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back