My Fish Choice - Advise If Compatible

Good stuff, looking forward to seeing it progress with lots of pics :hyper:

Got my fish now however I think I messed up on the selection, however so far everything is going smoothly. This is what I have:

4x Metriaclima estherae - Minos Reef
3x Cynotilapia afra - Minos Reef
3x Cynotilapia sp. "hara" - Gallireya Reef
3x Labidochromis caeruleus (White Lab) - Nkhata Bay
3x Labidochromis sp. "Mbamba" - Mbamba Bay

Everything is a 1:2 m:f ratio, except the Metriaclima estherae they are 3:1 m:f. I was advised by Colin at Natural World this was the way to go with them but I'm not sure, so maybe I will be adding another 5 females of them soon.

I know their may be a chance of cross breeding but I'm not selling or trying to succeed for them to survive.

Here's a video from my mobile:

Thanks. I had the option to buy almost fully grown ones, glad I didn't now.

Are all these F1?? The afra Minos Reef and hara are going to look class as they grow, 2 of my favorite mbuna.

Yep according to stickers on tanks and the fish guy, they are F1's

Do you have the same two Cynos mixed as well? The afra male is a really nice fish, really nice colours, he doesn't come out much unlike everything else. He is bossy though everytime I have seen him.

Yep according to stickers on tanks and the fish guy, they are F1's

Do you have the same two Cynos mixed as well? The afra male is a really nice fish, really nice colours, he doesn't come out much unlike everything else. He is bossy though everytime I have seen him.

If they are from Colin then they will be F1 as labeled. I did have quite a while back but the males did tend to have a rant with one another quite often (not to the point of nearly killing one another)but did sometimes get a little ott. So now i have them in 2 separate tanks, as i hated seeing them with slightly ripped fins. Yours could be fine, just depends on who turns out to be tank boss. Surprisingly i didn't have a problem with hybrids either considering how similar the females look.

Thanks, will just see how it goes.

What do you think to this 3 male to 1 female ratio for the Metriaclima Estherae? Everywhere I have read it has stated to go for 1 male to 3 female but he stated it would be better with more males. Not sure if he was just trying to sell the males as he had so many.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back