My Fish Are Ruining My Relationship :s

and might do a couple other things while im over cleaning the tank :)

*fakes a gasp* :lol: naughty naughty! ;)

That would be awesome to have a dedicated fish room!

right there with you - can't wait for my fish house :D

Hubby's not as much into the fishies as I am, but anything that keeps me happy keeps him happy so it's all good.

Although, I secretly suspect he's holding out on enthusiasm until we move onto the custom build marine tank - he rather likes corals :good:

I'm lucky enough to have one of those as well - if I'm happy, he's happy. I'm the same with his motorbike obsession.

We are really looking forward to buying our own place so that we can each set up our own little cubby holes - mine will be filled with fish, and his will be filled with pieces of motorbikes and a server rack!

He did suggest, all by himself, that it would be awesome to take out one of the walls in our house, put in an RSJ for support and then have a huge fish tank in the wall, say between living room and dining room, so I'm going to hold him to that when we have a spare few grand LOL

Bless him, he did say last night, and I quote: "this is going to be a fish house isn't it? there's going to be tanks everywhere you look, even on the ceiling..." and I said I probably wouldn't put them on the ceiling, but other than that... hehehe
 
and a server rack!
:blush: I'm the one with 2 webservers LOL - our "office" (ok ok so it's supposed to be a second bedroom) is an electricians nightmare I guess.
It's about 10ft x 10ft and we had it wired with over 20 sockets and 8 network points, plus satelite and broadband links. It now houses 5-6 pc's, 2 servers, various other bits of kit (switches, routers and such - they're hubby's domain, I don't really do much on that side of stuff LOL) and 3 fish tanks - 72Gal in the corner between our desks, 13Gal and 2Gal on my desk. Hmm water and electricity - fun fun fun :hyper:
 
Used to be just me interested in fish and such but i have brought the misses around but there is a clear line between where our fish hobby ends and the attention for the relationship begins.

We enjoy keeping fish and its something we can both spend time looking around shops at which is great but when its time to spend sometime together then it has to be done =-) a break from any hobby/obsession is a good one =-)

Surprise sex thursday is always a good starter lol
 
Also raises hand. My poor hubby has no interest in fish, but will sit and watch the tanks. Unfortunately he is well out numbered because my 2 little boys are also fish mad, their favorite place to visist is the LFS lol
 
and a server rack!
:blush: I'm the one with 2 webservers LOL - our "office" (ok ok so it's supposed to be a second bedroom) is an electricians nightmare I guess.
It's about 10ft x 10ft and we had it wired with over 20 sockets and 8 network points, plus satelite and broadband links. It now houses 5-6 pc's, 2 servers, various other bits of kit (switches, routers and such - they're hubby's domain, I don't really do much on that side of stuff LOL) and 3 fish tanks - 72Gal in the corner between our desks, 13Gal and 2Gal on my desk. Hmm water and electricity - fun fun fun :hyper:

Yeh that's pretty much what he wants! lol. We currently only have 4 computers, but have plans for at least 2 more. At least he can't complain about the leccy bill for my tanks, because the server costs us about £20 a month to run non-stop!

I think I could probably convince him on a divided betta tank when we've a slightly better wired house (our house still has 70's wiring so we don't trust it much!) - he does like bettas so I reckon I could get him on that! :shifty:

I think if he could have himself a computer hole and then a garage/shed for his bike bits then I could pretty much do what I wanted with the fish! He says he wants 1 bike for each fishtank I have...
 
Nothing gets between me and my missus, we both like the fish but she does come first Im afraid (excuse the pun)!!!

well said old bean!

kev and I wont let the cats/fish get between us, otherwise there isnt any cats or fish!

but, for a while we did fight over him and his obsession with the laptop, i found i couldnt win.. so i got my own lol

i do find we end up me in bed on my lappy, kev downstairs on his, and we play MSN games, chatting through messenger :blink:
 
My wife suffers from me being on here all the time.

When not on here I'm on other sites.

She puts up with the tanks well but keeps moaning about the PC :(
 
yeah thats Kev, escortevolution, and autotrader :S

I'm beginning to think I'm a bit wierd LOL
I've got the fish (and cats), the computers and I'm on escorteveolution too. The only reason my car gets less of my time is because I haven't passed my test yet (I've only been driving er... 13/14 years, I just keep putting it off LOL), then there's the art, scrapbooking, card and jewelry making, various other crafts and genealogy too :crazy:
Oh yeah, then there's several tv series we watch obessively - Dr Who, Torchwood, Eureka, that kind of thing, and still have time for hubby!
 
see i keep trying to get the ms into fish...i got her into computer games but she wont have none of the fish!! drives me nuts....she always moans when we go down town as we always go into the lfs!
 
Oh yeah, then there's several tv series we watch obessively - Dr Who, Torchwood, Eureka, that kind of thing, and still have time for hubby!

Yeh we have that as well...got to the point now though where theres SGU n Chuck on Tues, n X Factor n Merlin on weekends and then the rest of the time we have to like...have conversations...and stuff... :crazy:

LOL

We did have something on every night except one, but then they all finished :(
 
Both me & Luke love fishkeeping
I have 3 betta tanks & a 220 ltr Community
He has 94 ltr Marine Nano
The only thing we argue about is who upgrades next, i won the last time lol
 
Uhm. I don't have a husband/boyfriend and our own house (I'm 15) to argue about how many fish tanks I have or how much space my tanks are taking over, and just plain arguing *because* of the fish tank. Personally, I think I'll get meself a bf/husband (when I'm older lol) that has an interest in fishkeeping like me, so there'll be like, 0% arguing :D

But I do have my mum. And she refuses to let me have more than the two I have already, (70L/18G and a 38L/10G), and she has NO interest whatsoever in fish, gets annoyed when I say I need to go to the fishstore, and complains about how expensive this hobby of mine is. She thinks that no animal should be kept up in a cage, so whenever she brings up that arguement, I just reply with, what do you want me to do with them then, pour some water on the floor, throw them into the puddle and watch them gasping for air? Yeah. That's my story. I shall now let the people in couples carry on with theirs >___>
 
I'm beginning to think I'm a bit wierd LOL
I've got the fish (and cats), the computers and I'm on escorteveolution too. The only reason my car gets less of my time is because I haven't passed my test yet (I've only been driving er... 13/14 years, I just keep putting it off LOL), then there's the art, scrapbooking, card and jewelry making, various other crafts and genealogy too
Oh yeah, then there's several tv series we watch obessively - Dr Who, Torchwood, Eureka, that kind of thing, and still have time for hubby!

thats not wierd, just normal. Whats your evo name?

and why not pass ya test! i've had 4 lessons and the teacher plans on having me passed before christmas, which is fine by me as i can go the gym without going "kkeeeeeeevvv can you take me to... "

i have my kids, cats, fish, gym, lessons, friends, volunteering for CPL soon, kev.. and housework (boo!)


Uh,. I don't have a husband/boyfriend and our own house (I'm 15) to argue about how many fish tanks I have or how much space my tanks are taking over, and just plain arguing *because* of the fish tank. Personally, I think I'll get meself a bf/husband (when I'm older lol) that has an interest in fishkeeping like me, so there'll be like, 0% arguing :D

But I do have my mum. And she refuses to let me have more than the two I have already, (70L/18G and a 38L/10G), and she has NO interest whatsoever in fish, gets annoyed when I say I need to go to the fishstore, and complains about how expensive this hobby of mine is. She thinks that no animal should be kept up in a cage, so whenever she brings up that arguement, I just reply with, what do you want me to do with them then, pour some water on the floor, throw them into the puddle and watch them gasping for air? Yeah. That's my story. I shall now let the people in couples carry on with theirs >___>

LOL i actually found that argument funny!

Edited as quote has a wampy!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top