My First Acrylic Tank

Dorkhedeos

Boss Major
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
2,896
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
San Francisco/San Jose, CA
Well, I finally finished my first acrylic tank. It took me close to 18 hours total. The sides and baffles are 1/4" thick, the bottom is 3/8" and the top is 1/2". A 1/8 black sheet was bonded to the 1/4" background. I kinda screwed up the baffles because I clamped them too hard so I got some crazing in there. Enjoy.

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg
 
Well it certainly looks like a great project and well done on completing the tank building stage. I am looking forward to seeing it all setup and running :)
 
Gosh, did you design that yourself? Well done! Had to laugh at the shot of the feet LOL :lol:

Don't know much about acrylic tanks - what are the benefits of using acrylic tanks as opposed to glass?

Athena
 
I actually like glass a lot better than acrylic :lol: The only 3 advantages that I can think of that makes it better than glass is that it is safer, lighter, and it is very clear. If you have a regular piece of glass and you look through the side, you will notice that it has a green tint to it. If you look through the side of acrylic, its completely clear. I should have this running in about 2 weeks after I come back from my trip.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top