my dwarf gourami

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

rsz

Cheddar: classic or cliche?
Reaction score
that's basically it - my neon blue dwarf gourami is not his usual self. he hangs in the corner behind the filter ALL the time! i've tried changing the speed of the filter, but it doesn't seem to help, or make a difference. he is still eating though (not loads of food, but he never did eat tons :unsure: ).

could he be scared of the female he's got in there? she swims all over the place, and sometimes chases him a bit. :sly:

Look up behind the filter where he is. Is there a bubble nest or something else up there that is tempting him?

well today i went to the tank to check on him, and he was sucked up against the filter :sad: . i turned off the filter and he sort of drifted to the bottom of the tank and got caught in a plant. :X i thought he was dead - he wasn't flapping his fins or breathing, so i went to get my dad to fish him out. :-( when we went back to the tank, the gourami was up in the corner behind the filter hanging again! :eek:

i've put him into the breeder/seperation net so he doesn't get sucked up to the filter again. is this a good thing to do? -_- does anyone know what might be wrong with him? there doesn't appear to be anything other than him hanging in the corner. :unsure: i think he's eating. :/

Is he getting pushed by the current of the filter?? is he is and then he gets stuck in a plant and doesn't move for awhile or if he goes and lays in the gravel. It is probably sim bladder disease if he does what I said. There is a medication for it but I've already lost two honey gourmamis to it :/ . Best of luck to you and your gourami!!

i found him dead this morning :byebye: i expect you were right about it being swim bladder disease. i'll miss the little chap. :rip:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your dwarf gourami. I feel bad, I shoulda helped earlier.... :-(

Hi All,

I've had my 2 Honey Dwarf Gouramis die in 2 days!!!! I don't know whats going on!!!!

They looked healthy when I put them to bed, then I woke up and found them dead.

All the other fish in the tank are healthy, except 1 silver shark with fin rot. I'm currently cycling the tank through a fin rot treatment with a multi cure. I always underdose, so I assume I didn't poison them.

I've even got some Guppy fry, so the tank water should be in pretty good condition.

My fish are very active, even the 3 Honey Gouramis I have left over.

Any ideas on what's going on? Anyone?

Eleonora. :-(

Most reactions

Back