My Diy 55 Gallon Adventure

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I used Plastidip on the light.  I couldn't find black, so I got grey.  Looks good.  The gutter is no longer glowing!  :)  

IMAG0032_zpsj4iigkfg.jpg

IMAG0033_zpsojkiss3b.jpg

IMAG0034_zpssmucs8mq.jpg

This is great stuff... Watching you create things on the fly is awesome.  It makes me wish I was more handy... but let's just say its best for me to stick to pre-fab stuff at least, if not completely pre-done things.

BTW, best to go with fake plants and alternative decor with a Jack Dempsey.  In my experience, cichlids and plants are a tough mix, and the bigger they are, the more they like to mess with the plants - sometimes even fake ones.

I found this and thought you might want to give it a try someday: http://jackdempseycichlid.com/aquariumtipstricks/diy-fake-aquarium-plants-from-plastic-trash-bags/

Hmmm...i may one up this.  Fake plants at the hobby store tend to be cheap.  cut the bottom off a plastic bottle.  pack gravel and silicone with silk plants sticking out.  when cured, i would have a weighted custom plant jungle.  This would be an awesome project to do with the family!  The silk will flow as well.  I shall check the prices tomorrow!  :)

Vethian said:
Hmmm...i may one up this. 

:rofl:  How is it that I am not surprised by this?  
Hopefully you will post up a 'how-to' for the curious. ;)

eaglesaquarium said:

Hmmm...i may one up this. 

rofl.gif
 How is it that I am not surprised by this?  

Hopefully you will post up a 'how-to' for the curious.
wink.png

I will, of course.  :)

Black is a great improvement :nod:

Great job :)

That's not black... its grey.  

I agree, but Venthian described it as grey. 

It looked black in the picture to me too... but I know how to read.  :p

:lol:  (If you can't poke a fellow mod, who can you poke?)

:rolleyes:

I too, know how to read and saw the quote "I couldn't find black, so I got grey.  Looks good." quote from Vethian.

Therefore i know its grey but thought it looked more black than grey but did not want to quibble :p

A very dark grey seems to be the answer :p

eaglesaquarium said:
It looked black in the picture to me too... but I know how to read.  
tongue2.gif

laugh.png
 (If you can't poke a fellow mod, who can you poke?)

Not me :p

Sorry for making a mess of your thread Vethian but all in good humour :lol:

Nice pothos in the filters haha i do the same!

NickAu said:

BTW, best to go with fake plants and alternative decor with a Jack Dempsey.  In my experience, cichlids and plants are a tough mix, and the bigger they are, the more they like to mess with the plants - sometimes even fake ones.

These look better than plastics. I hate the look of plastic plants.
#24246 Aqua One Silk Plant Pack of 4 - Decorate Aquarium Fish Tank With Plants

I agree.  Silk moves better in the tank.  I hope to stop at the store to check out some silk plants to make aquarium pieces tonight.

Most reactions

Back