My Dalmation Molly Is Getting Aggressive...

WillyRBeek

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia
I've noticed in the last few days the dalmation molly in my tank has been beginning to get aggressive. It seems to mainly be picking on the 2 angelfish, it chases them around pretty much all day long nipping at them. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to calm it down, such as adding another molly, or perhaps getting rid of some other fish? I have a 25 gallon tank that currently has:

2 Angelfish(Still both very small, about an inch long/wide
1 dalmation molly(The troublemaker)
1 sunset platy
3 redeye tetras
3 neon tetras
2 African Dwarf Frogs
1 Bristlenose catfish
6 Corydora catfish
 
If it's a male get him two female. I see you have no other mollys so this may sort him out as he will be busy chasing them the whole time. If you are worried about being over run with babes your other fish will sort that.
 
If it's a male get him two female. I see you have no other mollys so this may sort him out as he will be busy chasing them the whole time. If you are worried about being over run with babes your other fish will sort that.

I'm not sure if it's male or female, how do I tell?

Also, if I add 2 more Molly's, wouldn't that overcrowd the tank, as I already have quite a few fish in there?
 
Look at the anal fin. Female livebearers have a normal fin, but males have a round rod called a gonopodium (Did I spell that right?).

I'll leave the overstocking opinions to the more experienced, but I'd be more worried about the angels when they grow up than the extra mollies.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top