My Dalmation Mollies

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Brenda

Reaction score
Hi all, got 2 Dalmation mollies last Monday and on the Tuesday i woke up and had 13 babies.

Just want to ask you all if you could give me some information as i have only had my 13 gallon tank for 4 weeks and this is my first set of fish and am a beginner.

How long will it take for the babies to be full grown?
What can i fee them on?
Will my adult mollies likely to have more later on?
How do i tell which is male/female?

Aww they are so lovely they have started to get their wee spots now. I would put a pic on but do not know how to..

Thank you all
:unsure:

I don't own them but i can give you some basic info. At around 3 months they become sexually mature and most of the colour will be developed. Since mollies are apart of the livebearer family, you will indeed see alot more fry in the future(a female can store a males sperm for numerous months). For feeding, fry will eat whatever you feed the parents, BUT make sure it's finely crushed, almost powdered b/c fry have very small mouths. I feed my guppy fry finely crushed flakes, brine shrimp powder, and tubifex worms powder. I feed mine 3x4 a day for the first month b/c babies need that extra nutrition to grow. After that, feed them how often you feed the parents.
Thats all I got to offer for now. Good luck and congratualtions on the fry. :)

Most reactions

Back