🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Evening tests:

Amm: 0ppm
Nitrite: 5ppm+
Nitrate: 160ppm+
1030211950.jpg

you will need to do a larger than 75% wc at the end since your nitrates are so high...you want to bring them down to 10 ppm or less.
That wont hurt my bacterial colonies right? I know they are all over the decor and filter media but for some reason, I'm afraid it'll harm the nitrite colonies... There's part of me saying its safe and another part dying I don't know.

Also, I've been trying to understand my hygger sunrise/sunset programmable light, and I'm pretty good with tech usually but this thing is hard when it comes to the moonlighting. So I set L-7 to a brightness of 10 (the lowest brightness) and to turn off at 10:30 and then I set the L-8 brightness to 00 meaning it should just be off, but instead the moonlight is on all night... Its weird.

Snack dose or wait a day?
1031210951.jpg

This is my evening test... I'm getring worried because my nitrites are not dropping even when my nitrates are past 160ppm... Am I just being impatient? Lol...
1031211948.jpg

The nitrite eating bacteria take longer to grow than the ammonia eating bacteria because they take longer to divide. And nitrite gets higher than ammonia so they have more to remove.
As had been said before - patience.

The nitrite eating bacteria take longer to grow than the ammonia eating bacteria because they take longer to divide. And nitrite gets higher than ammonia so they have more to remove.
As had been said before - patience.
Ok, nothing to worry about then.... Thanks.

Also, @Essjay, would I put in the "snack dose" today or tomorrow?

You've had two zero ammonia's two days apart haven't you? Then it's time to add the snack dose.

Ok! I'm eating lunch so I'll do it after. Thank you!
You've had two zero ammonia's two days apart haven't you? Then it's time to add the snack dose.

Ok, I added it and tested apx 30mins after I added it.
1101211355.jpg

Here is my evening results hours after the snack dose. Sorry, I thought I posted the last post already that's why the immediate test is this late.
1101211931.jpg

Morning test results:

Amm: 0ppm
Nitrites: 5ppm+

When do nitrites usually start dropping??
1102211023.jpg

Last time I did a fishless cycle, nitrite first showed up on day 16 (just a trace, less than 0.25) and it finally dropped to zero on day 43. Then I added the final 3 ppm dose, but both were not zero next day :(. I finally had double zeros the day after adding 3 ppm ammonia on day 48.

Most reactions

Back