My Cross Stitch!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

blinky000

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Aside from aquatics, my biggest hobby is cross stitching. I've done it since I was about 7 years old and still do it now at 22! Here's some photos of some of the pieces I've done. They've all been given to people as gifts :)

This one was given to one of my best friends, who I actually met on another aquatics forum:
n506688719_1531929_661348.jpg

As was this:
Blinkyscrossstitch1.jpg

Love this one. I think it's adroable:
DSC01090.jpg

This was done for my nan after her dog passed away:
DSC00860.jpg

And this is the one I'm working on at the moment. It'll be the first one I actually keep for myself. It has a lot of sentimental value:
DSCF2081.jpg

People wonder how I have the patience to do these things and I always answer that I have no idea. I'm the least patient person in the world :lol: I guess I just like having something to do while watching TV so it doesn't just feel like wasted time. And it's been a great comfort since Cookie passed away. It's the only thing I can really focus my attention on for more than 5 minutes so it's nice to just engulf myself in it :) any fellow stitchers out there?

That black lab is simply incredible! BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I used to cross stitch when i was younger. Moved on to spinning and knitting wool items. My mother still cross stitches quite a bit. It is a nice relaxing hobby for sure!
thanks for sharing
cheers

Wow!! Amazing work and I can really appreciate how much work it is! I dont know how anyone has the time or patience to do so much work!

I love cross stitch but i have no patience and i find that even when i do get totally absorbed for hours... i dont work fast enough, i suppose its just practise... im currently doing a xstitch of a kitten hanging off a branch and "hang in there" underneath... I mean... i started the ruddy thing in april LOL still doing it :p

At least now... the kitten is done, im just doing all the backstitching for the clouds then the black outlining for the kitten...

This is the design...

http://www.theangelsnook.com/HANG-ON-KITTY--Counted-Cross-Stitch-Kit_p_77.html

Your koi are amazing!

Are they your own patterns?

I have a cross-stitch that I started when I was 11 or 12... I'm 18 now and not even halfway through with it. :p

Hahah i have several like that... I've nearly finished mine :rolleyes: just the backstitch edging now... its shoved down the side of the chair im in :unsure:

The only one I designed myself was the second one but I'm hoping to make one similar to the black lab with a photograph of Cookie. Won't be for a while yet though. I still have at least a year's worth of work left on the koi haha. I recently had a bit of a disaster with the koi when some black oil from a computer chair got on it, so I've had to cover it over with more leaves. One of my friends (yet another one I met on a fish message board!) helped me with a few alternatives to stitch over it. I swear fish people are just the nicest :lol:

Most reactions

Back