My bird pooped in my fish tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Lexie3787

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Somehow, my bird pooped and it went into my fish tank. I found it and it was too late for one of my fish. I moved all the other fish to my 29 gallon and completely emptied the 10 gallon, cleaned everything, bought new filter inserts etc etc. Now I have to wait for it to cycle, only thing is my mollies are picking on my gourami, which are usually seperated. Anyway to make this cycle go faster?

Add water and filter floss from the 29 gallon and it should cycle very quickly, even some gravel would help. Sorry about your fish, but man that is just hilarious.

I would just do a 33% water change on the 29 gallon and put 10 gallons in the 10 gallon and that would giv you a basically instant cycle with filter floss as well.

I know its funny, but shame on my bird. I locked her in her cage for the night, shes grounded. I wish I potty trained her.

Thanks, basically all my fish are fighting now, i tried to put a divider but its too small.

Next time you let your birdie fly around either:

1) put an umbrella over your tank
or
2) slap on a birdy diaper

:rolleyes:

Lexie3787 said:
I know its funny, but shame on my bird. I locked her in her cage for the night, shes grounded. I wish I potty trained her.
I'd never thought of that happening, i used 2 have 6 budgies flying around too!!!!

:-( Although i have a more worrying problem now.... i've got a pair of brainless chipmunks that keep racing around & hiding, not funny when i've got a tank with 9 Red-Bellied Piranha in the room!!!!! :-(

you need to have boundaries for your pets. However, it is okay to own several pets, jjst don't let them infect each other's space.

Couple of years ago my three foot tank had no hood and was a coldwater set up and my budgies frequently dive bombed the tank and used it as a personal swimming pool. and we were more worried about one of the goldfish dragging a budgie under water!! :lol: Now i only have one budgie and 1 tank and he's not bothered about the tank at all! doesn't even bother to watch the fish;)

Most reactions

Back