My Bettas And Their Stories!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

x2p

Reaction score
Well These are my two Bettas and their stories!

Here is the story of the newer one!

Well I recently started really loving female betta's, even ordered a "Super Black" (full black) which inturn I ended up not buying. Here is the story and pictures of my newest betta...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways I had a spare 2.5 gallon with a filter and heater from my hospital tank. So I grabbed some substrate on sale, its black sand. From there I went ahead and grabbed a couple plants which turned out were not water safe plants unlike what the LFS' said.

I grabbed a couple other plants and grabbed a betta. I returned it the next day as he just didnt click and didnt seem to healthy.

I went and asked ordered a super black from a new fish shop which had a far larger and rarer selection of every fish.

I showed up a couple days later and it was in. Though another betta caught my eye. A "Metallica" type female. There seem to be many variations of "Metallica" Betta but I chose a nearly pure silver one. Unfortunately the images only caught her with her red and green tinge, though she also has a blue one in specific lighting as well.

Basically she normally looks silver.

I ended up grabbing another plant and spreading it around the tank. Heck I ended up spending 60$ with a large assortment of stuff for my other tanks and this one. :p

Lets get to the pics:

Here is where I set the tank up:

DSC_0163.jpg

Here are a few shots of the tank:

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

Here she is, she doesnt have a name yet but Tuna is one of the options.

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

Enjoy, and any tips on the photos would be great!

Spiky my male Betta!

I ended up buying a Betta even though the 5 gallon is far from cycled. Reason being they were about to feed Bettas to very large fish (not sure of species) and I asked why they were doing so. Well truth turned out to be they couldn't sell the Bettas and a new stock was coming in. So I said Ill buy one (Ill take pics in a few hours and post them in other fish pictures).

He is a Crown tail Betta, the front half of his body is black as night, while the rear becomes a dark navy blue. The fins start off as a light blue/green (kinda light turquoise) and end in dark blood red.

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

The photos are fab! :)
she has lots of hiding places, and great colouring! :)
EDIT: you added Spikey aswell, my bettas called that too :D

Thanks guys!

Same name :p

The girl lays on the bottom quite a bit, shes a bit more active since i turned the filter down earlier today.

Unfortunately its been 24 hours and shes eating no food. I wish I could get frozen peas here =.= no such thing in Japan. Ill just be patient for a while. Oddly she still hasn't pooped

Im not sure if I can but Ill try and hunt one down. The only variety of peas I know in Japan are canned. *Sigh* I miss frozen foods of N.A.

Thanks for the suggestion. How strong it be boiled

you can substitute the little green parts on the tips of broccoli in place of peas if you are able to get those. cook the broccoli and use the green tips on the florettes just as you would peas. and they are already really small so no chopping necessary.
are you positive that girl isnt a plakat male? the ventrals seem a bit long and the anal fin fairly pointy. have you seen her flare? does she have a beard?
just a thought. gorgeous either way. and if you just got her she might be sulking a bit. i wouldnt worry about her not eating for a few days until she feels comfortable in the new surroundings. you tanks a gorgeous by the way!
best of luck.

you can substitute the little green parts on the tips of broccoli in place of peas if you are able to get those. cook the broccoli and use the green tips on the florettes just as you would peas. and they are already really small so no chopping necessary.
are you positive that girl isnt a plakat male? the ventrals seem a bit long and the anal fin fairly pointy. have you seen her flare? does she have a beard?
just a thought. gorgeous either way. and if you just got her she might be sulking a bit. i wouldnt worry about her not eating for a few days until she feels comfortable in the new surroundings. you tanks a gorgeous by the way!
best of luck.

Thanks for the broccoli tip! Ill be sure to grab some later today!

I was told it was a she, the third picture is one where the betta is flaring (here is a link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/aki...a/DSC_0077.jpg)

There is no beard when it flares, the girls stay relatively the same. I hope that helps, I would really like to know what gender it is :p Either way it is the most relaxed Betta I have ever seen. Even when flaring, it gives up pretty quick and tries to play with its reflection.

Thanks for the tips!

Absolutely gorgeous bettas!

Also what is the brand / name of that tank? I really like it :D

-Rezz

Thanks! I dont know much about the tank for Spiky, though the one on my desk is a Tetra PL-32 set with a Tetra Mini Heater (Not sure about the availability outside of japan). When I bought the tank it had a different heater and filter. It was the older version of the set but I had the extra heater and filter on my hospital so I moved it to this.

Wow those are some great bettas! Nice setups for them too!

Thanks!

Any ideas on the gender of the Tuna, the silver one?

if no beard when flaring youve got a VERY nice female there. ive never seen one like her. she has incredible coloration! im jealous :)
good luck with the fishes.
cheers

if no beard when flaring youve got a VERY nice female there. ive never seen one like her. she has incredible coloration! im jealous :)
good luck with the fishes.
cheers

There is no beard THOUGH it is bubble nesting. 0.o gender is hard to decide 0.o

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back