My Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So I still haven't named him yet. But he is my ongoing science experiment/project for this year. What do you think? Nice looking betta? I rescued him from a jar in petco.
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG

Yeah I wouldn't call him an "experiment". That's a life your dealing with, and I surely hope as a "scientist" you've done your research regarding how to properly take care of him. In the best of conditions they can live 3 years even 5, so buckle up. If you actually know what you're doing this "experiment" should last much longer than 1 year.

Yeah I wouldn't call him an "experiment". That's a life your dealing with, and I surely hope as a "scientist" you've done your research regarding how to properly take care of him. In the best of conditions they can live 3 years even 5, so buckle up. If you actually know what you're doing this "experiment" should last much longer than 1 year.
The doctor went into this on another thread, it is a science experiment for school, keeping track of the progress of the fish being taken out of the filthy cup from petco and being put in a decent sized habitat similar to that of its wild habitat

@TheTenthDoctor is trying to show how positive living conditions have a positive impact on the health and life of a Betta rescued from those small containers they sell them in. Maybe the word 'experiment' is what upset you but not all experiments are bad, many in fact are good like an experiment to find a new drug to cure cancer.

Last edited:
The reason "1 year" was mentioned was referring to the school year :) @TheTenthDoctor is very knowledgeable about fish and has experience:)

*Sigh* Okay, I am VERY aware that he is a LIFE, what kind of a bimbo do you think I am? I've done my bloody research and I have lots of experience with bettas. I am constantly reading and researching to make sure I am up to date on all betta keeping methods and giving the little guy the best possible life. I am well aware of the life span of a betta, I am also aware of poor genetics and a bad start in life shortening the life span. I have NO intention of getting rid of him, and I have prepared for a long time. As to the "one year" it was referring to the fact that I am documenting his progress for 1 semester. After that one semester I'll stop documenting. Do you think I'm actually a scienctist? No I'm just playing the part for the semester. I have done my research, past and ongoing and I am experienced in fish keeping.
Side note, I thought scientists refrained from naming their specimens?

Do they now? Well I wouldn't know because I'm not one. I have kept him nameless on the record. Off the scientific record I call him Bruce Wayne. I hope I have answered your questions and satisfied your curiosity

Last edited:
When did @TheTenthDoctor had time to do such a thing, I thought he just going adventure with Rose Tyler?
Yeah I know, but remember, I recently lost Rose Tyler, she almost got sucked into the void, now shes trapped on the parallel world and I cannot get her back. I am broken hearted and will never have another companion :) @PheonixKingZ

Yeah I know, but remember, I recently lost Rose Tyler, she almost got sucked into the void, now shes trapped on the parallel world and I cannot get her back. I am broken hearted and will never have another companion :) @PheonixKingZ
So when will you regenerate again? BBC just run Dr who season 9 today in my country so i change my favorite doctor to Peter Capaldi now lol.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back